Storage for clothing in aqua class cabins on Silhouette

mrsz

Here are some hints I haven't seen on this thread.

The closets on S class ships are large so I just ask the room attendant for some wire hangers and use them for hanging extra clothes.

The life vests are in a wire basket under the bed. I take the vests out, put them under the bed and use the basket for under the bed storage . I find this easier than using a suitcase for storage. The basket can also be used later in the voyage for storage of dirty clothing.

The walls in all cabins are metal. I have some heavy duty magnets with hooks, that I place on the walls and use the magnets to hang clothing on hangers. I also use the magnets to hang up a host of other items. I use small magnets and a lanyard for hanging my sea pass.

• 2 years later...

We have done 35 nights on the Solstice and had sufficient space. We use one of the over the bed cabinets for things like camera equipment, backpack, and souviners/gifts we purchase. The other we use the cubes for undies, (1 for him & 1 for me) belts,scarfs and another for work-out clothes.

We don't bring a lot of shoes. DH walking/work-out, dress & sandels. Me- walking/work-out, flip-flops & 2 pair of heels. They all fit in the bottom of the closet so no need for a hanging shoe bag.

open your suitcases, and push them under the bed. Use one for dirty laundry and put socks, underwear, undies, etc in another.

We were on a B2B2B for 35 nights and took one 24 inch suitcase, and two 21 inch suitcases. Did the rotation system, wore skirt one night, slacks the next and changed tops. No one will notice what you wear (we did a lot of laundry in the shower and hung them to dry).

1/3 of what we packed were non clothing items. ipad,laptop,chargers,kindle,camera,books,etc

Ok, lets be honest here and say that the storage in regular Solstice-class cabins (and Aqua Class are simply regular cabins with a few minor extras) truly Sucks! In fact, we think that those ships (which we love) have about the worst storage of any ship upon which we have cruised (and we have been on well over 60 different ships).

But the storage problem is alleviated if you make good use of the over-the-bed cabinets. This is fine for DW and myself because we are both relatively tall and can reach those cabinets. For shorter folks...well.....I guess you can climb on the bed :)

Hank

We also thought the storage in our S-Class balcony (AQ) cabin was awful...I would have liked double the drawer space and shelves in the closet. We came prepared, but in my mind it was a flaw in what was otherwise a beautiful ship.

Boarding-Day-8774W-L.jpg

Cabinets over the bed.

Boarding-Day-0933W-L.jpg

We made our own shelves!:o

Boarding-Day-0937W-L.jpg

Drawers...We used the top one for papers and other thin things. The second and third contained mostly electronics, chargers, and my camera equipment.:rolleyes: Only the bottom two were used for clothing -- one each. The safe was in the small cabinet above the refrigerator/mini bar. The thin drawer at the desk/vanity held small cosmetics, etc. I kept my hair products and blow dryer, brushes, etc. in a cube under the desk.

It wasn't a deal breaker -- I would go back on the Equinox or any other S-Class ship without hesitation. BUT...I hate clutter and really like being able to put things away and still be able to access them easily. I found that was hard to do on the Equinox.