Jail?

wolfpackmom

I've never thought of this before, but after watching Captain Phillips, I wonder if there are actual jails onboard X cruise ships. Do you think there are also armed security forces as well?

I have PERSONALLY seen guards standing at the door of a cabin where the person inside was being held until we made the next port, where she was disembarked from the ship and had to make her own way home! So, I guess that was like jail, right?!:eek:

I don't know about armed guards but RCCL uses Gurkhas as security. There are no tougher men in the world. They are short, muscular and fearless. They didn't need weapons. Our first cruise was on the Celebrity Horizon and, at that time, they were employing former Israeli military. They were responsible for guarding the shotguns back in the days of skeet shooting. Although he did not mention guns, the fellow I became friendly said they "they had means" and left it at that.

I was told there are two cells in the brig on each ship. I can't find the post since the search feature is disabled but I read one about a year or so ago that talked about seeing them on a ship's tour and the crew had put a label over each one. One was labeled "Hilton" and the other "Sheraton" LOL.