RCCL PreCruise Hell

Well on a positive note, over the past few days I've been able to make MTD reservations, book and pay for a wine & dine package, complete online check in, print off Set Sail passes, and then access and print cruise docs and order luggage tags. All online at different times with no issues. Perhaps the UK site doesn't have the issues the US site has, which seeing our call centre has been relocated to another country, perhaps that's a good thing.:D

I get people want to get things booked, but maybe a suggestion would be to wait until the current promotion is over, or at least died down at the end of the month when there's little to no availability left, and then book everything.

I get that doesn't apply to bookings sailing in the near future, but if you are not sailing for two or three months then is holding on a week or two really going to cause mush harm:confused:

I understand it is slightly different if traveling in a large group but groups have their own special number from recollection.

We were going to book our excursions this month for our June trip, decided with the computer issues I'll just wait for everything to get a little more relaxed. The excursions are not exactly going to leave without us yet:D

Day four of trying to book shore excursions, a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants and spa services. Total on hold time has to be well over 12 yours, over 10 today alone. 6 hours spent trying to do things online only to keep getting error messages on their website for a variety of things. Even when we did get a real person they were not helpful until we finally got to a manager but basically all we got was a promise that they would try and get us in on the things we had been trying and trying and trying to get, even though their was plenty of availability when we first started to try. They blame IT problems but give me a break, if your website is having problems get some extra people on the phones or at least post messages on the website telling people there are problems. Our emails have gotten nothing back but an automated response... "Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated confirmation that your email has been received. Our representatives will reply to your inquiry in the order in which it was received. Please reply only if you need to provide additional information related to your original email. Follow-up emails regarding the status of your query may further delay your response.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to service your request."

This is by far the WORST customer service I have ever had in any vacation style business. If I could cancel and not have to eat all the other monies for flights and such I would in a second.

Uh OK.....Seems kind of moronic to stay on hold for 12 hours?...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi Peter, would you believe, for our daughter and Johns sister, our NZ cruise Tags for them only became available to print 4 days ago. We leave in 8 days. They still don't have the April 10th tags yet. At least they have their Set Sail Passes so not a total loss and Tags are easily picked up at the pier.

I must be one of the lucky ones, (can't win a Bingo cruise though!)

Yesterday, I booked all of our MTD, our liquor package, juice for the room, specialty dining and spa apt. All booked and no problems.

Tomorrow is excursions!

Edited by ck53