Help me decide on a excursion for this place lol

Pandabear90

I read everything and can't decide, we're a couple in our mid 20s, what would be best suited for us, we're up for anything...

All I see for Belize is cave tubing, snorkeling, zip line...is there anything else? I feel like cave tubing would be boring? Correct me if I'm wrong would be like laying in a donut at the lazy river in MGM grand in Las Vegas?

If it were us I would go for Goeff's or Rendezvous Caye, as they are not such a long ride and beautiful. Here is one link for eco tours.You can compare with the ship tours or other independents.Notice for Shark Ray Alley they charge $60 as Carnival is over $100.

http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/snorkeling.html#goff_caye

Edited by overthehillcruiser

I read everything and can't decide, we're a couple in our mid 20s, what would be best suited for us, we're up for anything...

All I see for Belize is cave tubing, snorkeling, zip line...is there anything else? I feel like cave tubing would be boring? Correct me if I'm wrong would be like laying in a donut at the lazy river in MGM grand in Las Vegas?

We're doing the tubing/ziplining tour with .bz. I've heard great reviews about the tour operators and from the sounds of it they make it interesting.

The Mayan Ruins in Belize are amazing if that is something that might interest you.

Altun Ha is a smaller site that you can do a half day tour for but gives you a taste. Coral Breeze Tours does a great tour and charges a lot less than the cruise line.

Lamanai is about a 1 hour bus ride then a 1 hour boat ride up the river into the middle of the rain forest (howler monkeys in the trees, jaguar foot prints in the mud) it is truly another world. I would do this one through the cruise line because it is far away incase there are delays you don't want to get left by the boat.

If it were us I would go for Goeff's or Rendezvous Caye, as they are not such a long ride and beautiful. Here is one link for eco tours.You can compare with the ship tours or other independents.Notice for Shark Ray Alley they charge $60 as Carnival is over $100.

http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/snorkeling.html#goff_caye

My husband and I are looking for a beach/snorkel 1/2 day excursion in Belize. I followed your link to ecotours, and the Geoffs Caye looks great. Have you done this one yourself? We will be on the NCL Jewel in April, and I want to have time to spend an hour or so looking around the port shops (and the chocolate store). Do you know what time the excursion from ecotours leaves the port area? I emailed them, but thought you might have personal experience. Also, do you know how many people they take each day; 50, 100? I'm just wondering how crowded it is? Thanks for any help you (or anyone else) can offer.

• 3 weeks later...
My husband and I are looking for a beach/snorkel 1/2 day excursion in Belize. I followed your link to ecotours, and the Geoffs Caye looks great. Have you done this one yourself? We will be on the NCL Jewel in April, and I want to have time to spend an hour or so looking around the port shops (and the chocolate store). Do you know what time the excursion from ecotours leaves the port area? I emailed them, but thought you might have personal experience. Also, do you know how many people they take each day; 50, 100? I'm just wondering how crowded it is? Thanks for any help you (or anyone else) can offer.

Please let me know if you decide to go to Goffs Caye and what you thought about it when you return. :)

It has been about 12 years or so but we went to Goff's Caye and it was beautiful! We are heading back to Belize this year... Can't wait!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums