Cunard Turns 175, Lines up Tribute Cruise Events

LauraS

Hi Ballroom Queen. I pre-registered on Saturday with Readers Offers (ROL). Our letter said 11th & so did the travel agents. She phoned me back yesterday to say they had gone on sail earlier. She didn't know why.

Cinta - have you double checked that you still have the booking as I have just spoken to a friend of mine who also booked last night through a TA, but she had hers cancelled this morning (and was told that all bookings had been cancelled) and she has had to rebook via Cunard direct.

Hope this hasn't happened to you, but it may be worth checking

That's what I was worried about Highly Sociable, but mine went through, thank goodness. I must have just been a lucky one!

I emailed CC to apologise about the slip up naming a TA. I told them to edit/remove the comment if they wanted. I might have to join this thread all over again. Never mind, I should have thought. I was so excited, lol.

Cinta - have you double checked that you still have the booking as I have just spoken to a friend of mine who also booked last night through a TA, but she had hers cancelled this morning (and was told that all bookings had been cancelled) and she has had to rebook via Cunard direct.

Hope this hasn't happened to you, but it may be worth checking

Talk about heart attack city. Revenue cancelled all bookings made before 1pm Southampton time. AND they FORGOT that the US set their clocks ahead one hour this past weekend!!!!!!!! So Revenue cancelled US bookings made by agents and direct bookings via phone as well not realizing the time change.

So we were all quite busy this side of the pond rebooking!

That must have been a nightmare! I knew my TA would have let me know as soon as she had heard again. I was a bit wobbly until I got through & had it confirmed!

I must have ships on the brain. I spelt sale as sail :D

Managed to get a place on the back to back transatlantic as we reckoned we had a better chance with this option- didn't think we had a cat in hell's chance, so this great news.

Should be a great trip and hopefully Cunard will do it with bells and whistles including the ships!

Looking forward to it.

You'll find me in the ballroom I guess most evenings!

I had asked TA to secure a port PG cabin for the July 4th crossing Liverpool-NYC yesterday. When he eventually got through to website there were 5 P1 grades only left all starboard and 1 left the screen as he was booking .....so had little option but to take what was best available! Only $180 OBC. compared to very generous OBC for Christmas QE.

Will be interesting to see what cancellations there are !

Chris and Sheila

My TA managed to get me a suite for the full 20 days on the QM2, Cunard have since put the price up by nearly £3000 so I'm glad I booked straight away.

Im sure it will be a very enjoyable crossing and Ive heard that the reception Cunard receives in Liverpool is amazing. Ive also never been to Halifax so thats is something I'm very much looking forward to.

My TA managed to get me a suite for the full 20 days on the QM2, Cunard have since put the price up by nearly £3000 so I'm glad I booked straight away.

Im sure it will be a very enjoyable crossing and Ive heard that the reception Cunard receives in Liverpool is amazing. Ive also never been to Halifax so thats is something I'm very much looking forward to.

We went to Liverpool last year on QM2. The welcome & farewell were amazing! We can't wait to return with all three ships & stay overnight!

Cinta, its going to be amazing! Liverpool will pull out all the stops for this. I cant wait. Liverpool is my hometown and myself and my husband will be on QM2 with my girlfriend from school, Liverpool Girls College, still friends after almost 60 years, and her husband. How special is that? I've sailed into many ports with Cunard but this is going to eclipse them all!

Sandie

Cinta, its going to be amazing! Liverpool will pull out all the stops for this. I cant wait. Liverpool is my hometown and myself and my husband will be on QM2 with my girlfriend from school, Liverpool Girls College, still friends after almost 60 years, and her husband. How special is that? I've sailed into many ports with Cunard but this is going to eclipse them all!

Sandie

It certainly will! How lovely for you :)

Sandie

Having sailed into Liverpool only once (QM2 port of call in 2011) I'd have to agree. We were greeted as if we were a ship full of returning war heroes. My first view of Liverpool was the Three Graces. (My first view of Southampton was of three chain stores which are common in the US.)

The only hesitation which I have is that Cunard may use Liverpool departures as a way to stretch TAs even longer. Yes, I know this routing is meant to duplicate the July 1, 1840 anniversary. But already they are trying to get passengers to accept 8 day crossings. (It must make her designer a bit sad to see that "his baby" is not sailing at the speeds for which she was built.)

The only hesitation which I have is that Cunard may use Liverpool departures as a way to stretch TAs even longer. Yes, I know this routing is meant to duplicate the July 1, 1840 anniversary. But already they are trying to get passengers to accept 8 day crossings. (It must make her designer a bit sad to see that "his baby" is not sailing at the speeds for which she was built.)

Actually sailing via Liverpool shouldn't affect the sailing speed, just add another day to the crossing. Cunard sell on price now unfortunatly and if they start burning more fuel with higher speeds fares would have to go up.

What many would like to see, especially those of us north of Birmingham are a couple of full turnarounds from Liverpool and back to Liverpool.

At the moment I can't see that happening until the facilities are in place dockside. But you are correct, Liverpol is a wonderful port to visit on a Cunarder.

David.