Staying in touch with home while away

aam3

We are sailing on the Carnival Fantasy on Saturday (7 days, to Bahamas and T&C), but have also just put our house on the market to sell. Our realtor would like us to be available should someone make an offer, but our Canadian cell phone company doesn't offer packages that cover cruise ships. Other than purchasing an internet package and checking emails daily, does anyone have any advice for how to remain in contact with someone at home?

We are sailing on the Carnival Fantasy on Saturday (7 days, to Bahamas and T&C), but have also just put our house on the market to sell. Our realtor would like us to be available should someone make an offer, but our Canadian cell phone company doesn't offer packages that cover cruise ships. Other than purchasing an internet package and checking emails daily, does anyone have any advice for how to remain in contact with someone at home?

I was in this same situation, and my sister is currently in that situation. Do you have any family members that you trust? When I cruised while my house was on the market, I had a power of attorney for my dad to make all decisions for me with regards to real estate. He knew exactly what I'd accept with no contingencies. If I received an offer, he could sign the papers to accept or reject any offers. Now, my sister as done the same.

To contact you, email is the cheapest. You'll have to sign up for the ship's Internet, but those go for $.65 a minute, much less than the $7.50 a minutes if you use the phone in your cabin.