10 day Palm Trees & Pink Sand

A1A

Greetings!

First time on the Royal Caribbean Board, feels good! After years of Princess & Celebrity we have finally found a cruise that appeals to us to try on Royal Caribbean. This is called the 10 day Palm Tree & Pink Sand cruise. R/T Ft. Lauderdale, Charleston, 3 nights Bermuda, Nassau and Coco Cays.

Checking next year I do not see this cruise yet, I called RCI and they are not sure if it is scheduled next year. Does anyone on this board know if this year was a trial cruise for this itinerary? Perhaps it did not go over well? Looking to exploring new destinations and other cruise lines!

Thanks!

Ken

It indeed looks like a trial. Three cruises this year, June, August and September. Probably a good strategy. We're on the 8/18 cruise. Even though we're from MD, this itin seems a bit different. And we're sailing with two other couples (best friends) from FL. Let's hope this cruise sells. Would like to sea it continue.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd

Taking my family on the June 9th sailing of this cruise. I don't think this particular itinerary was even offered until sometime around October of last year. So Pumbaamd's thinking is likely spot on.

We'll see how well it goes and let's hope it goes well and is continued. It is a very entertaining itinerary.

Hope you have a great time in June! If time, post a report. Maybe a few tips for us on the August trip. Thanks!

Have fun on Vision!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Will do! My reviews are at least a small way to go back and relive my trips.

Looks like this years demand may likely dictate next years offerings. So it may be an October decision if they run it next year? I will just have to keep posted!

Thanks! :D

Ken

If they got this down to 8 days (work friendly schedule) by ditching Nassau and Charleston I'd book it right now....RCI, take us working stiffs to Bermuda from Florida!
I would like to see them add a few more days. Also I love Nassau and Charleston!

Ten days would be more doable if the cruise started on a Friday or Saturday instead of a Monday. Then those who are employed would require fewer days off from work. I hope they keep this itinerary for next year and shift the dates to include two weekends instead of just one. Then I would be glad to book it.

Linda