Just back from the equinox to the caribbean...any questions?

many cruises

I was not aware that they opened the specialty restaurants for lunch (first time on Celebrity)- is the menu similar to the evening meal and is there a charge?

Thanks!

I believe there is a charge. They are not open every day, so check the last page of the dailies. It will list the hours for each Specialty restaurant.

I was not aware that they opened the specialty restaurants for lunch (first time on Celebrity)- is the menu similar to the evening meal and is there a charge?

Thanks!

I believe there is a charge. They are not open every day, so check the last page of the dailies. It will list the hours for each Specialty restaurant.

When we were on the Reflection they only opened Murano and the Lawn Club for lunch, 1 time each! $25, same menu as dinner! Wish we had know, did dinner at both, very very good.

This is not a given, not sure how they decided to do it, never saw the lunch opening in the daily. You will need to ask at each resturant.

Edited by wallie5446

who the Captains Club hostess is on Equinox? Is there a separate person for cruise sales or are they doing both jobs now?

Thanks,

Ellen

Sorry, but I don't know who the Captain's Club Hostess is. The Future Cruise Sales had 3 different people working there because it was very crowded when we went.

When we were on the Reflection they only opened Murano and the Lawn Club for lunch, 1 time each! $25, same menu as dinner! Wish we had know, did dinner at both, very very good.

This is not a given, not sure how they decided to do it, never saw the lunch opening in the daily. You will need to ask at each resturant.

We went to Muranos for lunch and the menu was Different but delicious none the less. There were fewer selections and different preparation methods. Specialty Dining Lunch is posted in the dailies where the hours of operation is noted. They do not always offer lunch, I was told it has a bit to do with the volume of business per venue on each sailing. I hope that helps. YMMV :)

Edited by still-learning

I'm also doing a 10 nighter - when were the 2 Formal nights held? Was the Connections Party on the 1st sea day?

Thanks for your help.

The formal nights were held on the 1st sea day at the beginning & the 1st sea day at the end of the cruise. Yes, the Connections party was held in the AM on the 1st sea day. :):)

Did you have to wait sometime for your cabin and to have your luggage delivered? Am concerned about what to wear and if it will do for the first night's dinner in the MDR ?

Did you have to wait sometime for your cabin and to have your luggage delivered? Am concerned about what to wear and if it will do for the first night's dinner in the MDR ?

Cabins were ready around 1:30 PM and our luggage was delivered by 4 PM. No worries...the first night is casual dress and many people do not change for dinner. :):)

We were on the 10 night Equinox a few months ago, and booked the same ship/itineray for next year Feb. 13, 2015. It will be our third year in a row on the same ship/same itinerary. A group of our friends who we sail with each winter opted to do the 14 night Eclipse instead, and we would have loved to do that one too, but our first grandchild was born last week and we don't want to be away for her first birthday next year.

Sean Golden was also the guitarist on our cruise. We really liked him, especially at the Sunset Bar. Sort of a James Taylor type. Very enjoyable.

We did find the piped in music in the Martini Bar ridiculously loud. We couldn't carry on a conversation with our friends. We complained several times. The response varied from turning down the volume (for about 10-15 minutes, then it was blaring again) to a supervisor coming down to speak to our group and apologizing, to "there's nothing we can do about it." I don't recall the music around the pool or anywhere else on the ship being that loud; just the Martini Bar.

We also did an onboard booking for next year. But up next will be Silhouette TA from Rome Nov. 1.

We were on the 10 night Equinox a few months ago, and booked the same ship/itineray for next year Feb. 13, 2015. It will be our third year in a row on the same ship/same itinerary. A group of our friends who we sail with each winter opted to do the 14 night Eclipse instead, and we would have loved to do that one too, but our first grandchild was born last week and we don't want to be away for her first birthday next year.

Sean Golden was also the guitarist on our cruise. We really liked him, especially at the Sunset Bar. Sort of a James Taylor type. Very enjoyable.

We did find the piped in music in the Martini Bar ridiculously loud. We couldn't carry on a conversation with our friends. We complained several times. The response varied from turning down the volume (for about 10-15 minutes, then it was blaring again) to a supervisor coming down to speak to our group and apologizing, to "there's nothing we can do about it." I don't recall the music around the pool or anywhere else on the ship being that loud; just the Martini Bar.

We also did an onboard booking for next year. But up next will be Silhouette TA from Rome Nov. 1.

We are on the same cruise on February 13, 2015! :):)