Cozumel right off the ship???

anniversay/grad trip

We will be in Cozumel on Easter Sunday, and I would imagine a lot will be closed due to the holiday. Just wondering if there is anything available at the port to see or do?

Would help to know which cruiseline you are sailing on, so we knew which of the 3 piers you should be docking at...

cozumelmap_zpse1be2215.jpg

NCL and Disney dock at Punta Langosta pier right in the center of downtown..

RCCL at International pier and Carnival's various lines at Puerto Maya.

International and Puerto Maya have the obligatory cruise line shops and bars, that are at every other cruiseline developed pier in the Caribbean.

Easter Sunday in Mexico is a tough break though...

We will be in Cozumel on Easter Sunday, and I would imagine a lot will be closed due to the holiday. Just wondering if there is anything available at the port to see or do?

Sundays there is live music at the town square & no cruise ships in port.

Would help to know which cruiseline you are sailing on, so we knew which of the 3 piers you should be docking at...

cozumelmap_zpse1be2215.jpg

NCL and Disney dock at Punta Langosta pier right in the center of downtown..

RCCL at International pier and Carnival's various lines at Puerto Maya.

International and Puerto Maya have the obligatory cruise line shops and bars, that are at every other cruiseline developed pier in the Caribbean.

Easter Sunday in Mexico is a tough break though...

We are on the Ruby Princess...So I assume we will dock at the Puerto Maya Pier? When you say the obligatory cruise line shops??...do you mean Diamonds International, Senior Frogs etc...?

When you say the obligatory cruise line shops??...do you mean Diamonds International, Senior Frogs etc...?

You'll find those plus the standard (for Mexico) pharmacies, liquor stores, t-shirt shops, etc.

We are coming in by cruise ship??? So we will be in port.

they must have changed things....when we spent 2 weeks on Cozumel, back in 2011, Sundays was the 'off-day' for Cozumel - no cruise ships stopped there on Sundays, at least back in 2011.

We are coming in by cruise ship??? So we will be in port.

We were there in January on a land vacation. There was very little open on Sunday. Sunday is their Holy and Family Day. I find it odd a cruise ship will be in on a Sunday. All the locals and shop owners told us no cruise ships are in port on Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...
We were there in January on a land vacation. There was very little open on Sunday. Sunday is their Holy and Family Day. I find it odd a cruise ship will be in on a Sunday. All the locals and shop owners told us no cruise ships are in port on Sunday.

Must have had a change of heart. We are the only ship scheduled in port that day and the only ship in Grand Cayman the day before. I guess we must be the anomaly! Hope we can trust some of the posts suggesting that some of the places will be open but not holding out hope for shopping.

OP, you may want to go to the Princess website and look at the excursions they are offering for that day & it should give you an idea of what may be available. Guess we'll rent a car again..:D