Which hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but we are now planning our anniversary cruise next february. We have never been in the US, and I'm not sure what to look for.

We are arriving in ft. lauderdale on a friday and the Allure leaves on sunday, so its for two nights. We want a nice place, where we are close to whaterver is worth beeing close.. Price does matter a little, but not much.. The most important is that the hotel is clean and I also appreciate a little luxury feel...

So does anyone have any suggestions?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but we are now planning our anniversary cruise next february. We have never been in the US, and I'm not sure what to look for.

We are arriving in ft. lauderdale on a friday and the Allure leaves on sunday, so its for two nights. We want a nice place, where we are close to whaterver is worth beeing close.. Price does matter a little, but not much.. The most important is that the hotel is clean and I also appreciate a little luxury feel...

So does anyone have any suggestions?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You will find so much information on here about the area, ships, ports, etc.

I recommend Marriott Beachplace Towers. It is on A1A, just north of the port. You can see all the ships leave port the Sat before from your balcony! It is a 19 floor timeshare, (1 and 2 Bedroom villas), that sit on top of a 3 story "shopping/eating mall". Lots of places to eat, bars, some shopping and a CVS for all the unexpected things that you forgot to bring. (good prices too there!).

It is not cheap. Can run from $150 - $300/night for the 2 bedroom.

It is our favorite place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale because we like the ocean view, easy walk across street to beaches, views of the ships and the size of the units.

I hope you enjoy your time in Ft. Lauderdale! and your anniversary cruise!

Edited by Sophia2007

I recommend the Westin Beach Resort. This is where we say every time we sail out of Fort Lauderdale. Nice hotel and walking distance to quite a few resturants. The hotel is also right on the beach and does have a starbucks in the Lobby if your are in to that.

I recommend the Westin Beach Resort. This is where we say every time we sail out of Fort Lauderdale. Nice hotel and walking distance to quite a few resturants. The hotel is also right on the beach and does have a starbucks in the Lobby if your are in to that.

I love it too, but it sure isn't cheap to stay there.

Our preferred hotel in the area is Embassy Suites. The rooms are spacious, a full buffet breakfast and an evening happy hour are included, the pool area is lovely, and it's in walking distance of many shops and inexpensive restaurants. (Publix supermarket is right behind it, and we had great lunches in Tropical Smoothie Café next door. Walgreens and CVS are a few blocks away)