Black Sea

silver service

We are also booked on this one and I must say I am EXTREMELY reluctant to continue given the present circumstances. However, we can't simply cancel and rebook something else, because we had already transferred our £2,000+ deposit from another voyage.

I can only hope Cunard decided that cancelling both Ukraine ports - if, as seems likely, this will be the case - is enough of a change to enable us to cancel without penalty.

Edited by cruiseluvva

We are also booked on this one and I must say I am EXTREMELY reluctant to continue given the present circumstances. However, we can't simply cancel and rebook something else, because we had already transferred our £2,000+ deposit from another voyage.

I can only hope Cunard decided that cancelling both Ukraine ports - if, as seems likely, this will be the case - is enough of a change to enable us to cancel without penalty.

You must be joking. The only way you will get your money back is if Cunard cancel the cruise altogether and then you will lose any OBC you have been given. This happened to me when my cruise was cancelled with three weeks notice.

Cancelling ports is not an option for getting a refund.

So be it, at the end of the day it's only money and the money has gone. We don't want to go anywhere near the unrest!

How can it be a Black Sea cruise if it doesn't actually go to the Black sea?

Edited by cruiseluvva

September is some way off, who knows what the situation will be then. My guess is that it will have settled done by then but still it's doubtful if any Ukraine ports will be visited.

Having said that there would be no reason why Cunard would ditch the cruise, they would simply substitute ports of call.

David.

I am also on the September cruise.

Given the other more interesting ports of call on this cruise's itinerary, I am not unduly concerned if the two Ukrainian ports are substituted.

How can it be a Black Sea cruise if it doesn't actually go to the Black sea?

They could substitute Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia or Turkey. All have Black Sea ports.

I don't mean to imply that I'd be happy with that substitution. Just that it would still qualify as a Black Sea cruise

Regards, Colin.

If I was on the Black sea cruise, I'd make a note of the cruise ships visiting St Petersburg earlier in the year, and see what happens there.

More than likely as Colin mentioned they will visit other Ports.

But let's hope it all settles down quickly.

786px-Black_Sea_map.png