2015 World Cruise

jessybell

How many of you have noticed that when Queen. Vic docks in Sydney on March 11th those who have booked to transfer to Queen Mary will have to make their own hotel arrangements for that night and board Queen Mary on 12th. Logic says that it would be much better to stay onboard QV for the night and just transfer to QM.......Cunard obviously don't think so!

Edited by jessybell
Should read 2015 World Cruise

How many of you have noticed that when Queen. Vic docks in Sydney on March 11th those who have booked to transfer to Queen Mary will have to make their own hotel arrangements for that night and board Queen Mary on 12th. Logic says that it would be much better to stay onboard QV for the night and just transfer to QM.......Cunard obviously don't think so!

Where would the new passengers sleep?

David.

Ok. Makes more sense. But I'm sure the schedules can't take into account just a small number of people doing this kind of thing given the complexity of organising World Voyages and Port availability. And they'd have to share with new passengers.

New passengers embarking on 12th. We have always stayed on board when ship in Sydney and disembarked second day in the past. We might not have booked swap over option had this been pointed out. Even t/a wasn't aware as it is not mentioned clearly in brochure.

New passengers embarking on 12th. We have always stayed on board when ship in Sydney and disembarked second day in the past. We might not have booked swap over option had this been pointed out. Even t/a wasn't aware as it is not mentioned clearly in brochure.

How many nights had you paid for?

David.

This may have something to do with the docking arrangements.

According to the Sydney Harbor website, the QV will be at Circular Quay (where embarkation and debarkation takes place) on it's 1st day in Sydney, but on it's 2nd day it moves to Athol Buoy, while the QM2 takes it's place on the Quay.

It would be hard(er) to disembark the QV using tenders.

Edited by Cruise NH

The next segment on Victoria starts on the 11th so staying on a night isn't possible.

The wording in the brochure regarding the cruise itinerary is very interesting.

'Your return journey may depart the following day. thanks to Queen Victoria's rendezvous with Queen Mary2 in Sydney to mark our 175th anniversary, or you may not leave until a week and a half later. If that is the case. Australia is your oyster. It may be the perfect opportunity to visit friends and family. Maybe wider exploration is on the cards-perhaps even into the heart of the country to see sacred Uluru glow orange, red and deep maroon at sunset. That's up to you'.

After looking at the two itineraries/dates, that paragraph and particularly the last sentence told me, it's up to me!

The next segment on Victoria starts on the 11th so staying on a night isn't possible.

The wording in the brochure regarding the cruise itinerary is very interesting.

'Your return journey may depart the following day. thanks to Queen Victoria's rendezvous with Queen Mary2 in Sydney to mark our 175th anniversary, or you may not leave until a week and a half later. If that is the case. Australia is your oyster. It may be the perfect opportunity to visit friends and family. Maybe wider exploration is on the cards-perhaps even into the heart of the country to see sacred Uluru glow orange, red and deep maroon at sunset. That's up to you'.

After looking at the two itineraries/dates, that paragraph and particularly the last sentence told me, it's up to me!

When we received our brochure copy, I looked at this option and saw the date difference. Then I read the brochure carefully. I assumed the night or nights onshore would be down to us.

We decided against a world cruise for '15 but if we'd booked, I would have had the agent check/confirm the ship swop arrangements.

Edited by Victoria2

Thanks for all your replies.....I guess if QV is moving berth to allow QM to dock, then there is not much we can do about it.....seems a badly thought out plan though considering the amount of luggage one takes on a worldie....we are now querying whether our luggage can be left somewhere secure so that we do not have to take it all to hotel and then back again next day........guess only a woman would think of these things!