Cove Balcony Cruiser Question

Cruzface

We have had a cove 3 times and never closed. Would imagine it would have to be really rough! Last time one evening we were sitting out and could feel waves crashing up :) Love the cove balconies, don't think I could cruise without them, now that I have tried one!

Was on the Dream in Cove Balcony first week of January 2014. We skipped two ports due to weather and high winds (Belize and Roatan). They never closed the weather doors. We were out on the balcony at all times day and night and enjoyed seeing the wake from the bigger waves. I assume it was never anywhere close to needing the weather doors closed.

On another note, I picked the Cove Balcony originally. My husband commented after the cruise that he loved being that close to the water and he might not be interested in ever staying in a higher balcony.

Thanks for the responses! I think this clinches our decision. My wife was a little concerned about losing balcony time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Cruzface

Feb 2014 on the Breeze - never closed but we did have a pretty good crust of salt out there each morning from the spray and waves! Wipe things down good or bring an old set of clothes to lounge out there in. We were forward - don't know if it was the location, the seas and wind direction on our sailing, or if that's normal for a cove.

Loved it and would book again in a heartbeat, though!

Sailed in a cove in Feb. Couldn't use the balcony from 8 - 5 on 2 of the 3 sea days because they were doing "maintenance" on the ship and cleaning lifeboats. Also got a notice about not using it for 4 hours on 1 of the port days. The day after the first maintenance day there was so much dirt and paint chips on it that it was not usable. Had to ask to have it cleaned.

I loved being so close to the water. The view and sound of the ocean were incredible, but I doubt I'll book one again because of the issues and the attitude of customer service when I brought it to their attention.

Edited by Free2bMeForever