.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Has "Brexit" affected English football team? :D

The "Icewarriors" did a great job - first Brexit, a few days later European Football - Exit - England exits everywhere ... ;)

Haha

Right again GCMV !

What a week for England and shunned by the US too, our supposed "special ally" (well by Obama anyway).

But well played Iceland.

Fully deserved.

England were terrible.

Hum contacted (Icelandic) Captain Steinar of SDII and was the FIRST !

To congratulate him.

Good luck Germany.

Bad luck Germany, you play Italy.

World and European champions !

That would be an amazing achievement.

Love to Frau GCMV from Blondie & Hum

Dearest, you must be sleep deprived.

While I, at times, find myself diametrically opposed to your positions (in the journalistic sense), I couldn't agree more with your analysis of Brexit. In an odd way, there are parallels to be drawn with Trump's

odd appeal. The "little guy" has been swept aside by the pols, banks, and mega corporations and they

are fn mad and aren't going to take it any longer. Whether the decision to opt out of the Common Market was a wise one ... only time will tell BUT I can certainly understand the frustrations that led up to the decision.

I do think however you stretch a point in comparing the Quebec separatist movement to Brexit. Here

it really hinges on some half-baked theory that the French language is in great danger of annihilation

and that by leaving the rest of Canada, the language will be preserved. Unfortunately, the more significant effects of that consequence are given short shrift. Fortunately, the young in Quebec either do not support separation or are ambivalent about it ... but the threat hangs like a cloud above the province, waiting for some upstart pol to rekindle the fire.

Meanwhile, President O, Pena Nieto, and Trudeau play house in Ottawa pondering the issues of the moment, bid adieu and nothing substantive results. Give me Roosevelt, Truman or Regan any day ...

love em or hate em, at least they had a position and worked to fulfill them.

for another

Hum,

I think you expressed yourself quite well this a.m. As you know, the Contessa has similar feelings when it comes to the US and Obama. What a circus in Ottawa yesterday, and I turned off the television.

O is meanwhile going to be out campaigning for Crooked Hillary and we have Old Billy meeting in private with our Attorney General prior to Benghazi info being released. Does not look good! I believe we will now have a popular vote for her to AG-EXIT. Wait until Trump gets a hold of this one :)

Jim? what are you and Jan and Joe having to say about this in AZ? ;-))

Yee Haww! Been out shootin into the air to celebrate! Had to come in for a Tequila break at sunrise. Celebratin the British bit of sanity. I agree with Hum. My British relatives agree with Hum. O does not agree with Hum. Who cares? Britain will be much better in the future but it will take some pain to get the gain. It will help when the worry warts stop running in circles and just get on with it. In the short term the Sterling drop will help us go mooch off of Hum. In the long run it will make Britain a better place to visit Hum. And yes, our stock market is nearly back to pre Brexit manufactured "panic". As predictable as the inner city thugs that take any excuse to do their Christmas looting.:eek: So, as the heat bakes us into puddles, I can look forward to final payment day for SeaDream. There is a God!:D:D

Hum wondered why the Italians were "cosying up" to Mrs. M over "Brexit".

The "sly old dogs" have just submitted a request for a €40 billion bail out !

If Italy want €40 billion, what about ALL the rest ?

There will be a queue of them all round the EU parliament begging for money, Greece, Portugal, Finland, Spain........

And with 15% of EU income not coming in from Britain (worth €15 billion per annum) just how can this continue ?

Hum wondered why the Italians were "cosying up" to Mrs. M over "Brexit".

The "sly old dogs" have just submitted a request for a €40 billion bail out !

If Italy want €40 billion, what about ALL the rest ?

There will be a queue of them all round the EU parliament begging for money, Greece, Portugal, Finland, Spain........

And with 15% of EU income not coming in from Britain (worth €15 billion per annum) just how can this continue ?

To put it simply, it can't. Sorry to see Boris drop out of the hunt as he might be a good leader. And with his hair, he could be Mr. T's cousin.:D I have to say the SeaDream board is very tolerant of airing of politics. Only here is it still mostly of the mindset "I can disagree with your politics and still like you". Mostly, in this country anyway, you simply cannot disagree politically and still "be friends". Any other board on CC and the hostility would be terrible. I guess SeaDreamers are just smarter.:eek::D Heck, over at Cunard you better never mention self tied bow ties or the flamethrowers will be out in force. I know Mr. Hum would never use a self tied bow tie........Probably never use a tie of any kind.:D

Hello Ho Hum! How goes it?

Hope you enjoyed France with Blondie? :)

Speaking of referendums!...Haha.

We hope for you and your Countrymen/woman that all works out well. I don't blame them/you one bit for wanting and needing your independant S! After all! You already are a Country with a right to self determination and safe boarders.

Freedom to the British empire!....However!....

One cannot compare Canada's situation with Quebec at all! IMHO, Quebec has been holding Canada hostage for over 30 years! The people have chosen to stay within our federation for all 3 referendums! It's time to work with the people rather than against! There is no proof at all the the French culture has shifted. This is the seperatist politicians BIG LIE!!! All the while, they send they're own children to English schools in the states! :eek: the motto of the Quebec politician should be...keep the people dumb, and seperate them from the truth!

And furthermore! Trudeau may be less experienced than some, but I happen to think it may be a good thing. He has not had time for the rusty, old boys club insensitivity to grow on him like moss! Young blood with new ideas .

" Sunny ways " Canada is free from the dictator ways of Harpo government.

By the way!...nice chatting with you brother Hum! Haha!

Missed you! Xo :D

P.S.

Justin is also very cute! Haha

Hum cannot believe his eyes !

The UK stock market has risen yet again by a whopping 2.24% !

A bit of a shame as Hum cashed out thinking it would drop back.

Is there a belief in the British .... well a start of a belief anyway.

Early days of course but all those doubters and plain vindictive uber-liberals and aggrieved former "partners" are beginning to look a little petty and just plain wrong about the position they are desperately trying to protect by bullying the smaller, weaker countries with frankly "not the backbone" that the Brits have re-discovered......finally.

Early days, early days, there will be relapses and of course the world is still un-settled but Hum expectd it to be a whole lot worse.

That Mr.Soros is looking pretty stupid.

May we live in interesting times!!

Brief interruption to report that Colonel Clint is now home! Recuperating slowly and not liking his eagle-eyed nurse telling him what he can and can't do :D

But that's my job!!

Thanks for all your concern and good wishes!

Vandrefalk

Brief interruption to report that Colonel Clint is now home! Recuperating slowly and not liking his eagle-eyed nurse telling him what he can and can't do :D

But that's my job!!

Vandrefalk

Thanks for the update Lady V.

Blondie & Hum wish all the best for you both.

But that's my job!!

Vandrefalk

Great to hear. Please give him our best.

Eagle eyed Mr Hum has pulled me up on facts and figures.

I was getting mixed up with the feckless yoof that wail but don't get off their backsides to do something about it. Only about one third of the total number of 18 - 24 year olds who are registered to vote placed their cross in the Remain box. Perhaps they should have been allowed to use a finger print instead as many will probably have been perplexed as to how to hold a pencil. Or how about the yoof should have been able to vote via their smart phones like a talent contest? So much for being in love with the EU!

For the record Mr Hum, the Remain vote was 41.5% of the total number of Scots eligible to vote. Hardly "dragging Scotland out of the EU against our wishes" as Nae Knickers keeps squawking about to anyone still listening.

The only downside at present with all this palaver is that the weaker pound is requiring a deeper delve into the pocket to find some more shekels for that Seadream escape.

"Pulled you up" sir ?

Nay, if there was any "pulling up" being done it was the "hammer to crack a nut" rant by Hum over dear Abenaki's bizarre opine (no pun intended to ally dear Abenaki and "nut".....though the Lord does work in mysterious ways and Hum is a channel for the divine once "well oiled": in vino veritas and Hum is always "in vino").

Oh my, the "yoof", the feckless bunch, how frigging irritating they are when they can be bothered to vote that is. The "bleatings" from them irritated Hum so much.

"Please may I change my vote" ?

No you can't !

Was this what Hum's father and grandfather fought for (WW1&2)?

Hell's teeth !

They would hang their heads in shame and disappointment.

They never wanted to talk about the war, they wanted to forget it and appreciate their freedom. They never said a word when we joined the EU, they left it to us to make a "go of it". We were "done up like kippers", we failed but at least we "called time on it".

But prices for SD voyages are in pounds: what has changed ? Singing "Rule Brittania" at the "pointy end" of the ship just feels a little better, that's all.

Oh did you hear about poor "Nae Knickers" (adopted name for leader of the "chip on their shoulder" Scottish) who flew out to Europe to sort out Scotland keeping in the EU.

Well not so. They told her "nope" trying to control their laughter at the sheer naivety of the "bonnie gal".

The best outcome for the "wee chirpy lassie" is:

Scotland

- would start life outside the EU (behind Kosovo and Albania, Albania for God's sake ! If there were more Mecca chums in Scottyland then they would have had a better chance)

- have to negotiate entry, a process that could take years (and years and years mind you she is a "canny" politician and hugely personable: see Hum is fair)

- involve adoption of the euro (lost a poooond and gained a Euro)

- a hard border with England (you were right MACT)

- tight public spending controls (ooops they promised the electorate FREE everything when oil was at $100 a barrel: the EU are stupid but not that stupid)

By that time 15% of the bright ones (there's always a place for you, your lady and "brood" here old chum) would of course have left along with the financial services industries and quite possibly the Shetland Isles will remain in the Union (keeping that oil revenue, well the industry was partially funded by the whole of Britain in the early days).

She hasn't thought this whole thing through has she ?

Will your Scottish kin finally "twig" ?

No, Hum didn't think so.

Hum has total sympathy for the Northern Irish, those that bothered to vote that is: 55% !

Was there something good on the telly or did the bars have a half price Guinness sale the lazy boyos ! Shame on them.

No they have a real serious bunch of terrorists on their door step: the IRA and that was the reason for a "stay" vote.

The "Loyalists" in NI will want to remain in the UK at all costs, so no change there then.

Hum see's the Queen and head of the IRA had tea together recently.

That was nice.

What did they talk about ?

"So Martin, just how many times have you tried to blow me up them" ?

Still it is nice to see that former terrorists finally accepted the democratic process.

And it is tremendously honourable of the Queen to demonstrate forgiveness.

God bless you ma'am.

Thoughts today are with the young soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice on the battlefields of the Somme...the hell that started 100 years ago.

Fighting to free the continent from tyranny.

The present battle to free us from EU "tyranny" pales in comparison.

"Pulled you up" sir ?

Nay, if there was any "pulling up" being done it was the "hammer to crack a nut" rant by Hum over dear Abenaki's bizarre opine (no pun intended to ally dear Abenaki and "nut".....though the Lord does work in mysterious ways and Hum is a channel for the divine once "well oiled": in vino veritas and Hum is always "in vino").

Oh my, the "yoof", the feckless bunch, how frigging irritating they are when they can be bothered to vote that is. The "bleatings" from them irritated Hum so much.

"Please may I change my vote" ?

No you can't !

Was this what Hum's father and grandfather fought for (WW1&2)?

Hell's teeth !

They would hang their heads in shame and disappointment.

They never wanted to talk about the war, they wanted to forget it and appreciate their freedom. They never said a word when we joined the EU, they left it to us to make a "go of it". We were "done up like kippers", we failed but at least we "called time on it".

But prices for SD voyages are in pounds: what has changed ? Singing "Rule Brittania" at the "pointy end" of the ship just feels a little better, that's all.

Oh did you hear about poor "Nae Knickers" (adopted name for leader of the "chip on their shoulder" Scottish) who flew out to Europe to sort out Scotland keeping in the EU.

Well not so. They told her "nope" trying to control their laughter at the sheer naivety of the "bonnie gal".

The best outcome for the "wee chirpy lassie" is:

Scotland

- would start life outside the EU (behind Kosovo and Albania, Albania for God's sake ! If there were more Mecca chums in Scottyland then they would have had a better chance)

- have to negotiate entry, a process that could take years (and years and years mind you she is a "canny" politician and hugely personable: see Hum is fair)

- involve adoption of the euro (lost a poooond and gained a Euro)

- a hard border with England (you were right MACT)

- tight public spending controls (ooops they promised the electorate FREE everything when oil was at $100 a barrel: the EU are stupid but not that stupid)

By that time 15% of the bright ones (there's always a place for you, your lady and "brood" here old chum) would of course have left along with the financial services industries and quite possibly the Shetland Isles will remain in the Union (keeping that oil revenue, well the industry was partially funded by the whole of Britain in the early days).

She hasn't thought this whole thing through has she ?

Will your Scottish kin finally "twig" ?

No, Hum didn't think so.

There was an excellent column in the Sunday Times magazine a couple of weeks ago by India Knight on the "yoof" and their requirement for "safe spaces" and panicking when someone has the audacity to hold or air a differing point of view.

It is a product of the "prizes for all" brigade, "everyone has to win" philosophy. Then the reality of the real world hits them after leaving school and university and all they can do is cry all the way back to their mummy.

"Will your Scottish kin finally twig"? The politician's plan of "keep them dumb to keep them keen" is working a treat. The new Curriculum for Mediocrity is a conveyor belt producing yet more hard of thinking robotic citizens.

The mendaciousness (fine word for a Friday) of the Dear Leader, she who must be obeyed, seeks no bounds. I understand a question on the Scottish Independence ballot paper has already been drafted! It goes something like:

Do you want Scotland to remain part of the EU or leave the EU and be part of the UK? They failed two years ago by asking if the populace wanted to leave the UK... so just ignore "the settled will of the Scottish people" and turn it around and ask if they want to remain in the EU (knowing that barring a miracle they will get a majority Remain vote). A Scottish Independence referendum that sets a question that does not even mention Scottish Independence! Clever eh? And the knuckle dragging Darien Dreamers will fall for it! (The Darien disaster in the late 1600's...look it up on Google...it made Scotland bankrupt after pouring every penny into the enchanting golden lands of Panama...who bailed Scotland out? That's right, our dear neighbours England, whereby the creation of the United Kingdom came about in 1707 and Scotland had been in their debt ever since!

Will their Dream prevail? The actual facts and reality of Scotland not being part of the UK do have a nasty habit of waking up even the dopiest amongst us.

Edited by MACT

Thoughts today are with the young soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice on the battlefields of the Somme...the hell that started 100 years ago.

Fighting to free the continent from tyranny.

The present battle to free us from EU "tyranny" pales in comparison.

Hum was cognisant of the very same anniversary but Goddamit, Hum succumbed to "lilly livered, liberal minded, political correctness".....feeling very ashamed right now.

So glad you did.

Well done sir.

There was an excellent column in the Sunday Times magazine a couple of weeks ago by India Knight on the "yoof" and their requirement for "safe spaces" and panicking when someone has the audacity to hold or air a differing point of view.

It is a product of the "prizes for all" brigade, "everyone has to win" philosophy. Then the reality of the real world hits them after leaving school and university and all they can do is cry all the way back to their mummy.

"Will your Scottish kin finally twig"? The politician's plan of "keep them dumb to keep them keen" is working a treat. The new Curriculum for Mediocrity is a conveyor belt producing yet more hard of thinking robotic citizens.

The mendaciousness (fine word for a Friday) of the Dear Leader, she who must be obeyed, seeks no bounds. I understand a question on the Scottish Independence ballot paper has already been drafted! It goes something like:

Do you want Scotland to remain part of the EU or leave the EU and be part of the UK? They failed two years ago by asking if the populace wanted to leave the UK... so just ignore "the settled will of the Scottish people" and turn it around and ask if they want to remain in the EU (knowing that barring a miracle they will get a majority Remain vote). A Scottish Independence referendum that sets a question that does not even mention Scottish Independence! Clever eh? And the knuckle dragging Darien Dreamers will fall for it! (The Darien disaster in the late 1600's...look it up on Google...it made Scotland bankrupt after pouring every penny into the enchanting golden lands of Panama...who bailed Scotland out? That's right, our dear neighbours England, whereby the creation of the United Kingdom came about in 1707 and Scotland had been in their debt ever since!

Will their Dream prevail? The actual facts and reality of Scotland not being part of the UK do have a nasty habit of waking up even the dopiest amongst us.

Tears of joy, tears of joy are flowing !!!

Knowing there is another "cussed old bugger out there" like Hum feeling exactly the same way.

A bloody good drink is in order.

A Cornas !!!

Good stuff old chum, fine good stuff !!

And cheers !

Hello Ho Hum! How goes it?

Hope you enjoyed France with Blondie? :)

Speaking of referendums!...Haha.

We hope for you and your Countrymen/woman that all works out well. I don't blame them/you one bit for wanting and needing your independant S! After all! You already are a Country with a right to self determination and safe boarders.

Freedom to the British empire!....However!....

One cannot compare Canada's situation with Quebec at all! IMHO, Quebec has been holding Canada hostage for over 30 years! The people have chosen to stay within our federation for all 3 referendums! It's time to work with the people rather than against! There is no proof at all the the French culture has shifted. This is the seperatist politicians BIG LIE!!! All the while, they send they're own children to English schools in the states! :eek: the motto of the Quebec politician should be...keep the people dumb, and seperate them from the truth!

And furthermore! Trudeau may be less experienced than some, but I happen to think it may be a good thing. He has not had time for the rusty, old boys club insensitivity to grow on him like moss! Young blood with new ideas .

" Sunny ways " Canada is free from the dictator ways of Harpo government.

By the way!...nice chatting with you brother Hum! Haha!

Missed you! Xo :D

P.S.

Justin is also very cute! Haha

Happy Canada Day !

Well finally Kathy !

Thankyou for finally joining us !

Hum has been waiting to hear from for "yonks", haven't we guys ?

Hum knew if he "dissed" your heart-throb you would come "full steam ahead" !

Haha

Add a bit about the Quebecois and in you're "reeled, hook, line and sinker"!

Haha

Your spending way too much time in love with Danny, planting clematis, looking at your ducks and all.

Hum's a little worried what type of fertiliser you are using !

A large amount of bone content is needed for clematis and you seem to have an abundant supply.

By the way, how are you gettin' on with the neighbours these days ?

Haha

Glad to hear from you darling and thanks for your support for the British at a difficult time.

All the best to Danny.

PS All comments about the Quebecois made by Hum are wholly withdrawn.

Hum will leave it to your own countrymen to teach Hum but the point was just about people determining their own future.

Hum understands from first hand experience, a person from another country who has no idea of the reality of the conditions of that country and voicing an objectionable and ill-considered a uber-liberal "sound bite".

Hum,

Your a tricky man to nail down! Haha!

In short, the ducks are going swimmingly!

The Clamatis is radiant!

The bone meal works perfectly!

And Danny still makes my heart skip a beat!

The neighbors are on another level of creepiness that I cannot wrap my brain around! Unfortunately the "judge and his bully wife have dealt themselves a bad hand in dealing with this little Irish lady...although by my language today, no one in their right mind would have thought me a lady on this fine afternoon! Haha...lawyer up Judge!!!

Think nothing of the political discussion we shared!...I fully understand the point you were trying to make!

Now! Back to my fertilizer! Haha!

All my love to yourself and Blondie! Can't wait for New Years! Xoxo

Dearest, you must be sleep deprived.

While I, at times, find myself diametrically opposed to your positions (in the journalistic sense), I couldn't agree more with your analysis of Brexit. In an odd way, there are parallels to be drawn with Trump's

odd appeal. The "little guy" has been swept aside by the pols, banks, and mega corporations and they

are fn mad and aren't going to take it any longer. Whether the decision to opt out of the Common Market was a wise one ... only time will tell BUT I can certainly understand the frustrations that led up to the decision.

I do think however you stretch a point in comparing the Quebec separatist movement to Brexit. Here

it really hinges on some half-baked theory that the French language is in great danger of annihilation

and that by leaving the rest of Canada, the language will be preserved. Unfortunately, the more significant effects of that consequence are given short shrift. Fortunately, the young in Quebec either do not support separation or are ambivalent about it ... but the threat hangs like a cloud above the province, waiting for some upstart pol to rekindle the fire.

Meanwhile, President O, Pena Nieto, and Trudeau play house in Ottawa pondering the issues of the moment, bid adieu and nothing substantive results. Give me Roosevelt, Truman or Regan any day ...

love em or hate em, at least they had a position and worked to fulfill them.

for another

Hum is curious to know how you are diametrically opposed journalistically to Hum ...... sounds a very scholarly "high brow" position, which if it is, then Hum is "way out of your league"!

As you have known all along m'lad !

Hum withdraws any comparison to Quebec if it is ill informed by Hum.

But Hum will have you know sir, that it has never stopped Hum vehemently voicing an opinion about any subject whilst being ill informed ever and he doesn't intend to stop now!

The point was simply over a country (or province) case for maintaining some autonomy to reflect honourable national and regional attitudes but whilst trading and gettin' along with neighbours and others. Hum concedes the example may have been flawed.

Yes the point of that little "get together" (Presidents) was missed on Hum.

Roosevelt and Truman ehh and that other one.

Why is Hum surprised .... all your young proteges weren't they ?

Haha

Always great to hear your view old chum.

Well it's Henley Royal Regatta later today ....... yes very posh.

"Toffs in boats"

No, of course Hum is'nt rowing, he could'nt get his huge "derriere" in the ruddy boat and if by some miracle he could, the ruddy boat would quickly descend to the bottom of the Thames !

No, Hum will be surrounded by all those gorgeous, smart, fun, young ladies from our "posh" travel agency (the ones in THAT film), who by the way have suffered quite a bit over "Brexit" with the resultant currency fall and do you know they are honouring bookings made.

What a decent lady the owner is.

THAT film had a huge affect on their business with increased bookings, so we are glad we have lessened the blow. And the funny thing is, hundreds of young girls applied for jobs to work there !

Well are you not surprised ?

Who wouldn't want to work alongside these ladies and have a chance to travel.

Of course Hum will have a lot of competition for these ladies attention what with all those fit, young men, parading around in their rowers gear displaying toned biceps and all.

No, there's no contest is there ?

Well toodle-pip.

"Row, row, row your boat,

Gently down the stream.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,

Life is but a dream"

How did SD fare with the film you ask ?

Don't.

"Lips are sealed".

What do you think ?

Though Hum notes they are now promoting it on their website, so we guess they are moderately pleased though of course, we have no feedback from them.....at all !

No, not surprised but yes terribly disappointed.

All that free publicity showing SD and the crew at their very best.

Just when you think they might change just a tad for the better.

Hum's given up.

The crew on the other hand have been delighted and so pleased.

They are the only ones that count.

Oh and you chums too.

See link: http://www.seadream.com/

Happy 4th of July Independence Day to all SeaDreamers ashore and afloat. Even our overseas SD Brothers and Sisters love a good 3/4 day Holiday.:D Out here we just try not to drink too much Firewater in the heat. :D

Well it's Henley Royal Regatta later today ....... yes very posh.

"Toffs in boats"

No, of course Hum is'nt rowing, he could'nt get his huge "derriere" in the ruddy boat and if by some miracle he could, the ruddy boat would quickly descend to the bottom of the Thames !

No, Hum will be surrounded by all those gorgeous, smart, fun, young ladies from our "posh" travel agency (the ones in THAT film), who by the way have suffered quite a bit over "Brexit" with the resultant currency fall and do you know they are honouring bookings made.

What a decent lady the owner is.

THAT film had a huge affect on their business with increased bookings, so we are glad we have lessened the blow. And the funny thing is, hundreds of young girls applied for jobs to work there !

Well are you not surprised ?

Who wouldn't want to work alongside these ladies and have a chance to travel.

Of course Hum will have a lot of competition for these ladies attention what with all those fit, young men, parading around in their rowers gear displaying toned biceps and all.

No, there's no contest is there ?

Well toodle-pip.

"Row, row, row your boat,

Gently down the stream.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,

Life is but a dream"

How did SD fare with the film you ask ?

Don't.

"Lips are sealed".

What do you think ?

Though Hum notes they are now promoting it on their website, so we guess they are moderately pleased though of course, we have no feedback from them.....at all !

No, not surprised but yes terribly disappointed.

All that free publicity showing SD and the crew at their very best.

Just when you think they might change just a tad for the better.

Hum's given up.

The crew on the other hand have been delighted and so pleased.

They are the only ones that count.

Oh and you chums too.

See link: http://www.seadream.com/

Isn't there something about Pimms and strawberries that goes along with this event? Got to see it once. Felt sorry for the galley slave rowers as all the Posh People ashore seemed to be having all the fun. :D