.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Of my goodness, your trip report is raising my levels of excitement for fast approaching first adventure on SD

Mrs. N. Nuttela is deliriously happy with the change to L'Occitane. It is a definite improvement on Bulgari. We have been tempted in the past not to fly Emirates for the very reason we don't like their choice of Bulgari in their overnight bags and in the bathrooms!!!

Oh, and Mrs N would like to know the colour way and sizing of the SD pyjamas.

Many thanks and please do keep us up to date with all things SD....

.....well maybe Business Class wouldn't be that bad and there customs couldn't be any worse, could it ?

if only we knew somebody there (Orlando) and could stop off for a day or so with real fun guys and with hearts of gold whom we totally adore and respect.......mmmmmm.....not so easy is it.

But wait ! HH knows just the couple !

Can you get straight flights to St.Thomas & Puerto Rico from Orlando Bloom Airport ?

Well, well, well. For what it's worth, I do know those who've flown between Orlando and London in J and survived... As I'm sure that your travel maven knows both BA and Mr. B fly from LGW to OBA or OIA or MCO - BA daily and Mr. B twice daily.

As for knowing somebody in Orlando, it's a big city so I'm sure we can find somebody for you to spend a day or two with :).

JetBlue flies nonstop from OBA/OIA/MCO to SJU several times daily so that's easy. Getting to STT isn't quite as easy as there are no nonstop flights. Best connections to STT are via SJU (JetBlue) or MIA (American). Some of us have been known to get from Orlando to STT via ATL (Delta) but that's another story.

I think you guys can (and should) do this, h-h and I'm pretty sure that the local officials will be on their best behavior upon your arrival. Unlike their counterparts in ATL, the Orlando officials aren't quite as used to arriving dignitaries so likely you and Blondie will be welcomed with open arms rather than treated in the shameful manner you experienced in ATL.

Oh did ho hum mention that Bulgari has been "kicked to the kerb" and been replaced with a more up-market and attractive "Occitaine" range.

No Bulgari???? The horrors!!! We had Occitaine recently on Paul Gauguin but DW and I both prefer Bulgari. How do you find your way about without the scent of Bulgari??? What's next? Shorty pajamas??

I'm with you, Jim. The first time I was exposed to Bulgari was on a cruise, Silversea I think, and loved it, and then saw it again on SD. I associate the Bulgari scent with cruising now, and I'm very disappointed that we won't have it anymore. Several hotels provide Occitaine, but I've yet to be at a hotel that provided Bulgari. It's just special to me. When I read HH's post this morning I practically pulled DH out of the shower to commiserate with me - he didn't.

We should have taken more with us when we left the ship in January.

I'm with you, Jim. The first time I was exposed to Bulgari was on a cruise, Silversea I think, and loved it, and then saw it again on SD. I associate the Bulgari scent with cruising now, and I'm very disappointed that we won't have it anymore. Several hotels provide Occitaine, but I've yet to be at a hotel that provided Bulgari. It's just special to me. When I read HH's post this morning I practically pulled DH out of the shower to commiserate with me - he didn't.

We should have taken more with us when we left the ship in January.

Zimmy, Zimmy, Zimmy the Occitaine is a "stop gap" for a week !

The Bulgari consignment was delayed so the inventive ship management had to get a repkacement toute suite.

Zimmy, Zimmy, Zimmy the Occitaine is a "stop gap" for a week !

The Bulgari consignment was delayed so the inventive ship management had to get a repkacement toute suite.

Oh thank you for the clarification, HH. You've made my day!

Bulgari was in the cabins on SeaDream I two weeks ago. The word on the street (salesperson at Nordstorms) is that Bulgari au the blanc White Tea is being discontinued. I've been stocking up in case it's true -- need my SeaDream smell association to get through the year.

As for the PJs, we received the dark blue knit version (tops and bottoms). I was hoping to get the cotton plaid bottoms another poster had mentioned recently. Also, the monogram machine was broken on our trip -- so no personalization. That's the 2nd time it's happened to us. It's a hard life, but I suffer through :o

Fortunately, ho-hum's restraint of late has inspired me not to post my passionately written, five page diatribe about grown men caring about, or even noticing, what brand of toiletries are provided by a cruise ship or hotel.

Now Sundance, you know Butch would not lead you astray..... You just smell better on SeaDream with Bulgari. Yeee Hawww!!!!:eek:

Oh did ho hum mention that Bulgari has been "kicked to the kerb" and been replaced with a more up-market and attractive "Occitaine" range.

No Bulgari???? The horrors!!! We had Occitaine recently on Paul Gauguin but DW and I both prefer Bulgari. How do you find your way about without the scent of Bulgari??? What's next? Shorty pajamas??

So let Ho Hum get this right, Butch and that is one if the name's you go by, Butch "wears" Bulgari !!

You see ho hum's point ?

Doesnt quite go, does it ?

And what would John Wayne say ?

Jim, everybody knows you as an institution of CC now they're thinking you should be living in one !

Really Jim ?

Dont tell the boys down at the Gun Club !!

And if Sundance ever finds oUt, well hell knows how we will take it !!

No more private, cosy pictures of San Clemente thats for sure !

Had you down for an "Old Spice" man.

What does ho hum "wear" ? No not "Old Fart" Jim !

"Wrights coal tar soap" was good enough for ho hum's father and it was good enough for his father, so its good enough for ol ho hum.

Try the man about town set of WCTS with a travel pumice stone for that ground in dirt.

It's more "Vulgari" than Bulgari !

Geddit

Haha

"Where are you going to get such humour and wit than .,,......,idle jottings.

Ho hum's biggest fan.

This man's a genius.

And you get cosmetic tips too"

Cabbie, Michigan, USA

PS written before Raggy chipped in

Fortunately, ho-hum's restraint of late has inspired me not to post my passionately written, five page diatribe about grown men caring about, or even noticing, what brand of toiletries are provided by a cruise ship or hotel.

haha...........hell this is a bigger story than engines, kids, teens, groups !!!

Hey Raggy, you think you "know" someone and then they come out (aint that the truth !) about their passion for Bulgari !

Bulgari was in the cabins on SeaDream I two weeks ago. The word on the street (salesperson at Nordstorms) is that Bulgari au the blanc White Tea is being discontinued. I've been stocking up in case it's true -- need my SeaDream smell association to get through the year.

As for the PJs, we received the dark blue knit version (tops and bottoms). I was hoping to get the cotton plaid bottoms another poster had mentioned recently. Also, the monogram machine was broken on our trip -- so no personalization. That's the 2nd time it's happened to us. It's a hard life, but I suffer through :o

With the name "pirateslookat 45" no wonder the machine broke !

You are an inspiration to all of us though in your fortitude at such a disappointment not receiving personalised PJ's.

Well, well, well. For what it's worth, I do know those who've flown between Orlando and London in J and survived... As I'm sure that your travel maven knows both BA and Mr. B fly from LGW to OBA or OIA or MCO - BA daily and Mr. B twice daily.

As for knowing somebody in Orlando, it's a big city so I'm sure we can find somebody for you to spend a day or two with :).

JetBlue flies nonstop from OBA/OIA/MCO to SJU several times daily so that's easy. Getting to STT isn't quite as easy as there are no nonstop flights. Best connections to STT are via SJU (JetBlue) or MIA (American). Some of us have been known to get from Orlando to STT via ATL (Delta) but that's another story.

I think you guys can (and should) do this, h-h and I'm pretty sure that the local officials will be on their best behavior upon your arrival. Unlike their counterparts in ATL, the Orlando officials aren't quite as used to arriving dignitaries so likely you and Blondie will be welcomed with open arms rather than treated in the shameful manner you experienced in ATL.

US Customs & Border Protection "Airport Wait Times" are recorded and available on the internet, unfortunately they do not accurately reflect actual time taken.

Checking out Orlando Airport, the wait times are even longer !

And so with no direct flights to STT and the likelihood of hordes of awful British kids and their ghastly parents.....then its back to Miami (the airport ho hum was nearly arrested for daring to wipe clean the "snot" from a fingerprint machine which a guy with a streaming cold had deposited having just passed through. My God what an over-reaction from a "nut" and in a public place where he was also being videoed !).

Oh forgot, after passing customs, there was another one hour wait for bags !

So not Miami.

Or fly to Barbados, Antigua and try internal flights on LEAT or maybe private aircraft or helicopter even landing outside ship on quay !

Last time into Barbados we were "fast tracked" as is customary due to ho hum's international super star status (with a booty larger than Kim zkardashians t'boot !),

Wonder how US airport shambles are impacting on US tourist visitors....interesting eh ?

Must fly BA, cant lose those precious airmiles !

Oh what a beautiful day....a tad warm though.

Fellow passengers are going for a hike in the rainforest whilst the Captain is going for a bike ride with a few crazy guets...the Captain is fiercely fit !

And a few others are visiting a tropical garden and some are also popping into the Four Seasons for lunch.

Which leaves the boat deserted except for blondie and ho hum..

Enes has joined us from SDI enabling Nicholai to have a night off and will be dining with us tonight. What a coup by blondie !

These guys are brilliant at their jobs and consumate professionals.

Tutored by the Master himself, the extraordinary Monsieur Christophe Cornu.

Now seriously guys where are you going to get service like this than on SD.

Enes has joined us from SDI enabling Nicholai to have a night off and will be dining with us tonight. What a coup by blondie !

WOW - nice coup by blondie, but only 95 % perfect! :rolleyes:

100 % would be: Enes comes to SD II for a nice, intimate dinner AND ho-hum goes in unison to SD I for dinner or whatever he wants to do/check/drink there ... :D

Does ho-hum feel, how envious gcmv is, that his chum and blondie are again on SD and he and Frau gcmv are still in cold, grey Germany?! ;)

Edited by gcmv

Hey all

Just a quick hello from the 4 seasons Nevis...

Have not connected to wifi on seadream as of yet. We have been having a wonderful time so far. Wonderful meeting HH and Blondie!! Wonderful people who we are still waiting for a dinner invitation from!? Hahahaha...

Friends love Seadream!!!

More later!...

Kathy and Danny.

Hey all

Have not connected to wifi on seadream as of yet. We have been having a wonderful time so far. Wonderful meeting HH and Blondie!! Wonderful people who we are still waiting for a dinner invitation from!? Hahahaha...

Friends love Seadream!!!

More later!...

Kathy and Danny.

SO glad you're having a good time and that your friends love it. That's pressure when you build it up to people - I went through that in September so I empathize. But our friends loved it too! Thanks for checking in.

4 Seasons did not have the welcoming committee that we had hoped for ,so we dropped them for the friendlier Chrishies restaurant another 5 minutes along the beach. Celebrating with a tall chilled vodka and cranberry cocktail over looking a very serene beach.....mmmmmm

Kathy,Dannyand friends...

Hey all

Friends love Seadream!!!

More later!...

Kathy and Danny.

You never stand still long enough to arrange dinner darling !

But will track you down tonight. There's no escaping.

Of my goodness, your trip report is raising my levels of excitement for fast approaching first adventure on SD

Mrs. N. Nuttela is deliriously happy with the change to L'Occitane. It is a definite improvement on Bulgari. We have been tempted in the past not to fly Emirates for the very reason we don't like their choice of Bulgari in their overnight bags and in the bathrooms!!!

Oh, and Mrs N would like to know the colour way and sizing of the SD pyjamas.

Many thanks and please do keep us up to date with all things SD....

Firstly NathanNutella ay Ho Hum offer his condolences on the passing of "Mr.Nutella" himself Snr.Ferrero. He brought the world delight to billions (and made billions because of it).

It is'nt getting any better for you is it. L'Occitane was a "stop gap"; Bulgari will be back.

And finally piratelookat45 reports the personalised name printing machine on SDI is broken !

Not having such a good day are we ?

But for Mrs.N can report the machine is working on SDII.

Hh tried to attach a photo of PJs earlier but the poor internet could'nt push it out of the tube !

The tops are white and the bottoms are "kilt pattern" in pinky.

Photo wont go, sorry.

Friends love Seadream!!!

We brought friends with us last Sept. Not only did we introduce them to SD but we also introduced them to h-h and Blondie. No doubt due to the influence of h-h and Blondie, on night 3 our friends signed up a Caribbean cruise on SD. During that cruise they signed up for a Med. cruise in 2016. Upon returning home they realized that 2016 is a long time from now so they proceeded to sign up for a Caribbean cruise this December.

It's always nice to have friends react so favorably to something that we enjoy so much. I guess this more than makes up for the last couple who cruised with us a couple years ago only to decide "never again". Of course, h-h and Blondie weren't on that trip so perhaps there's a correlation there....

WOW - nice coup by blondie, but only 95 % perfect! :rolleyes:

100 % would be: Enes comes to SD II for a nice, intimate dinner AND ho-hum goes in unison to SD I for dinner or whatever he wants to do/check/drink there ... :D

Does ho-hum feel, how envious gcmv is, that his chum and blondie are again on SD and he and Frau gcmv are still in cold, grey Germany?! ;)

In the UK, 90% is high achievement !

We can never reach German high standards except in humour !

And naturally we wish our dearest friends were here with us but somebody has got to keep the Euro economy going to give the money to Greece (again) !!!

The nerve of those lazy, un-grateful ##,€€+* !

US Customs & Border Protection "Airport Wait Times" are recorded and available on the internet, unfortunately they do not accurately reflect actual time taken.

Checking out Orlando Airport, the wait times are even longer !

And so with no direct flights to STT and the likelihood of hordes of awful British kids and their ghastly parents.....then its back to Miami (the airport ho hum was nearly arrested for daring to wipe clean the "snot" from a fingerprint machine which a guy with a streaming cold had deposited having just passed through. My God what an over-reaction from a "nut" and in a public place where he was also being videoed !).

Oh forgot, after passing customs, there was another one hour wait for bags !

So not Miami.

Or fly to Barbados, Antigua and try internal flights on LEAT or maybe private aircraft or helicopter even landing outside ship on quay !

Last time into Barbados we were "fast tracked" as is customary due to ho hum's international super star status (with a booty larger than Kim zkardashians t'boot !),

Wonder how US airport shambles are impacting on US tourist visitors....interesting eh ?

Must fly BA, cant lose those precious airmiles !

We certainly are picky, aren't we? I think the solution is to roll the ol' Citation X and fly into the airport with the shortest reported wait time. That should most definitely solve all of the many issues outlined above (with the exception of building up the supply of Avios). Oh, wait a minute, charge the flight on your BA Visa and watch the number of Avios multiply!

Don't say I'm not looking out for your best interests, my friend!