Cagneys breakfast price ??

If it were that exact same situation with MY family, my parents would have given up the suite and stayed where the rest of us were staying so that we could all 6 be together. :)

Or, just eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with the family. Nothing wrong with sleeping in the suite :D

Harriet

Or, just eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with the family. Nothing wrong with sleeping in the suite :D

Harriet

Nothing wrong with it at all. Just to my parents, a bed is a bed, and they'd feel weird about having all those perks if the rest of us couldn't afford it. Thank goodness they passed that along to me.

Let me twist this logic a little bit more !

Suppose one or two or three of these couples had the good fortune to be upgraded to a suite from a balcony or below cabin at no extra cost.

Certainly they would be entitled to eat at Cagneys, but doesn't this disrupt the logic posted by some that they paid for this priviledge and others didn't so they shouldn't be allowed ??

I say if there is enough food for you, what the he!! difference does it make ??

Yes, if someone is upgraded to a suite (which usually only happens when one pays for the upgrade) they are welcome to use Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. Regardless if they paid for the upgrade or the upgrade fairy gave it to them. Why? Because they are staying in a suite.

Truthfully, I don't really think it's a matter of 'if there is enough food'. The space is limited in Cagney's. There are, at times, a short wait to get a table as it is. Imagine if everyone brought non-suite guests all the time, paying or not paying non suite guests. Those in suites might have to wait even longer. Now, that just wouldn't be right.

I'm permitted a free upgrade to first class along with one additional person I'm traveling with on my airline of choice. This time I'm traveling with two additional friends. Hey, there are 3 seats open in first class....yet, I can only still bring one additional friend with me. That 3rd seat will remain empty for the entire flight. What do I do? I sit in coach with my two other friends and leave all 3 first class seats empty!

Harriet

Yes, if someone is upgraded to a suite (which usually only happens when one pays for the upgrade) they are welcome to use Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. Regardless if they paid for the upgrade or the upgrade fairy gave it to them. Why? Because they are staying in a suite.

Truthfully, I don't really think it's a matter of 'if there is enough food'. The space is limited in Cagney's. There are, at times, a short wait to get a table as it is. Imagine if everyone brought non-suite guests all the time, paying or not paying non suite guests. Those in suites might have to wait even longer. Now, that just wouldn't be right.

I'm permitted a free upgrade to first class along with one additional person I'm traveling with on my airline of choice. This time I'm traveling with two additional friends. Hey, there are 3 seats open in first class....yet, I can only still bring one additional friend with me. That 3rd seat will remain empty for the entire flight. What do I do? I sit in coach with my two other friends and leave all 3 first class seats empty!

Harriet

I was trying to dispel the argument by some that those who don't pay shouldn't have the perk.

There are many ways to argue this point, but back to basics -- If those who paid get what they paid for, it shouldn't matter to them who else gets this perk or why and how they got it.

Edited by swedish weave

Harriet

What do I do? I tell the other two see ya at the airport when we land. LOL

Suite guests are not the only ones who get the Cagneys Breakfast and lunch perks. Anyone classified as VIPs also get the perk no matter what room type you are in. I once had an oceanview and once a balcony and had VIP status which gave me all of the perks that suite guests had. So my point is that allowing someone to eat breakfast in Cagneys is only a matter of asking the right person. This may be the concierge or someone above them.

Can anyone define who is entitled to "VIP" status?

Can anyone define who is entitled to "VIP" status?

No, the cruise line, usually the Hotel Director makes that decision. VIP also means different things. Some VIP's get everything a suite guest gets. Some only partial suite dining, others priority embarkation etc. No one seems to know for sure how it happens.

I was trying to dispel the argument by some that those who don't pay shouldn't have the perk.

There are many ways to argue this point, but back to basics -- If those who paid get what they paid for, it shouldn't matter to them who else gets this perk or why and how they got it.

Well, that sounds good on paper, quite a liberal view actually. Whenever you give away something of value that others have paid a substantial amount for, you lessen the worth of those that paid. Example, 10 suite guests are at Cagney's for breakfast. There are five servers and two chefs to take care of them. If two groups then enter and each has a couple from a suite and they each bring 4 guests. What happens to my service? Works all the way around, same with reserved seating in the theater, if there are ten reserved seats for OS/GV and someone brings 3 guests to the show. Who loses their seat?

There is only one way for this to be fair for everyone. Give everyone the exact thing that they purchased. No problem for anyone!

Edited by rvsullivan

No, the cruise line, usually the Hotel Director makes that decision. VIP also means different things. Some VIP's get everything a suite guest gets. Some only partial suite dining, others priority embarkation etc. No one seems to know for sure how it happens.

Perhaps some of those who have posted here and have indicated they had VIP status would care to elaborate?

Edited by kiyoko

Perhaps some of those who have posted here and have indicated they had VIP status would care to elaborate?

Multiple people have reported of VIP status without exact knowledge why they got the status.

I can tell you one I know of first hand. Two years ago, the person that organized our meet and greet (almost 80 folks) received Cagney's breakfast and lunch perks for the last five days of the cruise and I think chocolate strawberries that night.

I have coordinated many Meet & Greets. Occasionally I have been VIP-ed when we were not already in a suite. Only one time was I ever granted Cagneys for Breakfast and Lunch. All the other times we were invited to the VIP party and offered priority debarkation only. I coordinate them because I like to - not for any perks I may not receive.

Edited by peg013

This topic is just like the threads about non-suite family boarding with the suite family members.

Everyone wants to upgrade, but nobody wants to downgrade.

OP: enjoy time with your family... tell your daughter to join you at the MDR or the buffet. Problem solved.

It's breakfast, not the family crypt.

This topic is just like the threads about non-suite family boarding with the suite family members.

Everyone wants to upgrade, but nobody wants to downgrade.

OP: enjoy time with your family... tell your daughter to join you at the MDR or the buffet. Problem solved.

It's breakfast, not the family crypt.

I agree with you 100%

The French toast at the Epic Club or Cagneys is the same French toast at the buffet and MDR. It is all mass produced and the same at every restaurant and buffet. That was my first surprise in a suite......the breakfast is the same. Only difference is sometimes less crowded, the scrambled eggs are real (although you can request real eggs in the MDR) and there is a fruit and bread buffet. But those things you can get at the MDR when they wheel around the pastry cart.

Edited by david_sobe

Uhhhh... Crab Cakes Benedict?

Sounds delicious! I guess I just don't get that excited about food. I certainly wouldn't feel like I missed out in life, or even on my cruise, if I don't get to eat a particular meal in a restaurant. I mean, it's breakfast! Shovel a bagel in your mouth as you race to save deck chairs!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sounds delicious! I guess I just don't get that excited about food. I certainly wouldn't feel like I missed out in life, or even on my cruise, if I don't get to eat a particular meal in a restaurant. I mean, it's breakfast! Shovel a bagel in your mouth as you race to save deck chairs!

Funny... coming from someone called "LrgPizza" -- and I don't get that excited about deck chairs... :)

If you have seen the Las Vegas ads that say "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", think about the philosophy that some things are better left unsaid.

Ref the comment about service suffering ---- Not necessarily true. the restaurant manager can get additional servers there in a couple of minutes from other locations if needed.

I will also add a comment that you don't know who is entitled to the perk unless someone tells you or you trail the suspected intruder to his (or her) cabin. If it is that important, you have a definite problem.

Edited by swedish weave

Well, that sounds good on paper, quite a liberal view actually. Whenever you give away something of value that others have paid a substantial amount for, you lessen the worth of those that paid. Example, 10 suite guests are at Cagney's for breakfast. There are five servers and two chefs to take care of them. If two groups then enter and each has a couple from a suite and they each bring 4 guests. What happens to my service? Works all the way around, same with reserved seating in the theater, if there are ten reserved seats for OS/GV and someone brings 3 guests to the show. Who loses their seat?

There is only one way for this to be fair for everyone. Give everyone the exact thing that they purchased. No problem for anyone!

Are you saying that the cruise line should NEVER upgrade ANYONE ? Lots of people brag about upgrades and price drops, but not everyone gets these. Where do we go from there ??

I will also add that you do not just "bring guests" to any venue without prior approval from the person in charge.

Edited by swedish weave

Our first cruise ever and we have a suite... I would invite all of you participating in this thread to our room for breakfast... just to watch us eat our Cagney food.... see you on April 20 in Hawaii :-)

Post of the day!! LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are you saying that the cruise line should NEVER upgrade ANYONE ? Lots of people brag about upgrades and price drops, but not everyone gets these. Where do we go from there ??

I will also add that you do not just "bring guests" to any venue without prior approval from the person in charge.

It has nothing to do with upgrades! The cruise line can utilize the ship's capacity however it sees fit, and it can upgrade anyone for any reason.

It does have to do with people trying to bend the rules. If you have multiple people in a family on a cruise, pool your money, get a two-bedroom suite and everyone has the same services.

If you're in different cabin classes, find the services you have in common, and use them.

A cruise line does not usually sell partial upgrades (the Posh area being an exception), so people constantly trying to buy "just a little" suite services gets wearing.

I don't understand why people purchase anything they are not fully satisfied with. Read your contracts. If there are other services you want, you need a higher class room. If you cannot live without breakfast in Cagney's, don't go on a ship where the Haven has its own restaurant, and book in a suite.

It has nothing to do with upgrades! The cruise line can utilize the ship's capacity however it sees fit, and it can upgrade anyone for any reason.

It does have to do with people trying to bend the rules. If you have multiple people in a family on a cruise, pool your money, get a two-bedroom suite and everyone has the same services.

If you're in different cabin classes, find the services you have in common, and use them.

A cruise line does not usually sell partial upgrades (the Posh area being an exception), so people constantly trying to buy "just a little" suite services gets wearing.

I don't understand why people purchase anything they are not fully satisfied with. Read your contracts. If there are other services you want, you need a higher class room. If you cannot live without breakfast in Cagney's, don't go on a ship where the Haven has its own restaurant, and book in a suite.

I believe you have misinterpreted my post. I was referring to this statement in a previous

post ---\

I don't agree with this!!!