Haven reservations in MDR?

DrNora

I was just reading the review by Cruise Critic Staff of the Getaway. In the review the authors state that reservations in the MDRs are not taken unless you are a Haven guest. Has anyone else heard this? Or, better yet, experienced it on GA or BA??

I tried to cut and paste the quote but have no cooperation from my computer

Thanks

Niles

I was just reading the review by Cruise Critic Staff of the Getaway. In the review the authors state that reservations in the MDRs are not taken unless you are a Haven guest. Has anyone else heard this? Or, better yet, experienced it on GA or BA??

I tried to cut and paste the quote but have no cooperation from my computer

Thanks

Niles

Anyone can make a reservation in the MDR up until 5:30pm dinner seating.

We were on Breakaway in July as a party of 10 and made ressies three nights that we didn't eat in specialities. Usually around 7 pm. We made them on the day we wanted to eat there that evening.

We are in the Haven in August and wont utilize the MDR since we have the Haven Restaurant and cant see how many would not do the same.

Edited by js

So since I am a Haven suite guest I can make dinner res. in the MDRs for any time , even after 5:30?

Do I ask the concierge to do it , or do i call?

I haven't been on NCL in a few years and cannot remember- I DO remember never waiting in line on Gem, Jewel or Pearl.

Usually, it's suite guests, platinum (have access to concierge), some VIPs, and parties of 10 or more. They don't normally take reservations otherwise. I've heard of some getting them, but I wouldn't count on it.

Oh, that explains how we were able to get them. Thank you.

So since I am a Haven suite guest I can make dinner res. in the MDRs for any time , even after 5:30?

Do I ask the concierge to do it , or do i call?

I haven't been on NCL in a few years and cannot remember- I DO remember never waiting in line on Gem, Jewel or Pearl.

If it is possible, it is something the concierge should do.

I dread trying to call NCL and get an answer!

Thanks, folks!

Are you meeting other guests not staying in the Haven in the MDR? Just wondering why you would go to the MDR since you have the Haven restaurant. Im back on Breakaway in August and between the UDP and Haven Restaurant, I cannot think if any reason why we would need MDR unless we were dining with family or friends not in a suite.

Are you meeting other guests not staying in the Haven in the MDR? Just wondering why you would go to the MDR since you have the Haven restaurant. Im back on Breakaway in August and between the UDP and Haven Restaurant, I cannot think if any reason why we would need MDR unless we were dining with family or friends not in a suite.

No. It is just our family of 5. I did not realize that we could order from the MDR

if we go to the Haven restaurant..was concerned about the never-changing menu.

We have only done Jewel Class ships - those "sans a Haven restaurant" ships! Having experienced such slow service in up charge restaurants on RCL over the past 3 years, we wanted to be able to eat and go without a 2 1/2 hour production.

If we can, indeed, either get menus from MDR or a reservation, I may not worry to much about the UDP.

Thanks so much!!