Would you buy pictures if they were cheaper?

kona_wahine

I probably would have bought ONE on Splendor since my sister and I did pose on one night but they were only available in 8 by 10. We were told we could have 5 by 7 or smaller to order if we bought the package etc...blah, blah...$80.00. No thanks!

We declined. I love my sister but I really don't want to display a huge picture of the two of us!

We always have a cruise photo as tradition so we had a friend we met take a picture of us..came out just fine.

But yes, if they were smaller and less money I might buy one...

Pam

Edited by sgttami

I would buy more if the price was cheaper.

We always take a lot of pictures since I alway buy one of the 8 x 10 and the weclome aboard. But it hard to near it down to just one, but with the high prices I seem too just get one.:D

The demand for most things increases and the price drops. For example, if cruises cost less, I would cruise more. The same holds for pictures. We normally buy a couple of 8x10s each cruise, and have them displayed in our home. Many people comment on how nice they are, ask who the photographer is, etc. If I were to hire a local photographer, it would cost several hundred in sitting fee, etc. so I feel like I am getting a bargain.

But I have no desire for smaller ship photos - I will use my own camera for pics of that nature.

I would have been happy to pay for the CD of the purchased photos last cruise (it was $10) so I could make copies for Christmas Cards, but they were sold out of the CDs.

Because a cruise vacation is something special for us, we always buy one or two photos. I am going to look into getting some special pictures done this time. I've seen some done and love the way they turned out!

We always buy too many. We'd buy a lot more if they were cheaper or had packages. I think I've bought a whole cruise of pictures! But dang my daughter is cute at 3! LOL She's going on her 3rd cruise the end of the month and she LOVES to pose now. I can't imagine what we're going to get this time! UGGGGG.

They are pricey, but I tend to buy them for the memories. I wish Carnival had some type of deal like if you buy 5 one is free or something like that. They would still make a lot of money and perhaps get more people to buy.

I would absolutely buy if there were a package. When we cruised last summer, RCI had a package. I purchased it prior to the trip and it was just over $300 for a disc of every picture they took. I didn't order prints at and extra cost of $100. I figured the disc would be enough since you had full access to all your pics. While on board the disc was advertised at $600 with all the pics for only $50. I asked if I could add the pics for the $50. Yes, I could! My daughter loved going to the kiosks everyday to look at that days pics. We made sure to stop and smile anytime we saw a camera. I instructed my kids to do the same if they were somewhere with out us. We decided to skip the MDR on the first formal night and stopped by as many picture spots as possible wearing our neat casual clothes. The second formal night we posed again-in our formal wear. These are probably the only real pics I have of all of us as a family. It was so worth it. We have a huge amount of prints--I couldn't get them for $50 elsewhere. And the pictures came out great!

Lisa

If you think Carnival's prices are high, go to a professional photographer and see what they charge. Most of them will charge up to $100 just for the sitting, then any prints are above and beyond that. When our boys were little, we spent a fortune on "packages" from Sears, Olan Mills, etc.

I appreciate the photographer & was happy to get a few family pictures. If I booked a photographer at home--the prices would be way higher. I do like the idea of a photo package.

4 months ago I took my Granddaughter for her 4 month photo shoot at a local photographer. Ended up, because of packages, with 6 8X10's 11 5X7, lord knows how many wallets, and a CD. All for $140. I know, I paid. I'm a good grandmother. Majority of those are still in the lovely envelope they give you to hold your pictures. If this was the whole family, I am sure the price would have been more. Sometimes you just don't need a package.

On a cruise, We avoid the photo opts as possible. Wave off the embarkation, wave off the dining room, wave off the ports of call, (it's hard but it can be done). On formal night we go to two to three photo stations and tell them, only a family picture, nothing more. An 8 X 10 is $20. I get the one I like, and it's our family photo for the year. I find it not that expensive at all. I get the photo I like.

I will jump on the band wagon for a CD. I would pay $50 to $100 for a CD and have more pictures taken.