Port of Miami question

Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites by the airport prior to cruise? They offer airport transfer & cruise port transfers free with stay. Just wondering if its worth it? We like to get to the port early & don't want to wait for masses of people to load up in a van. Just wondering if they make several trips to the port? Any info is appreciated including good places to stay. Thanks

I can't speak for the Embassy Suites specifically, but most hotels that arrange port shuttle don't start shuttle service until 11am or so and often the early shuttles fill up and you have to do a 1pm or 2pm. I'd call them to find out what times they run.

I'd just take a cab wherever you end up at. Cabs are easy and plentiful in Miami and will run you $25-30 from the airport area or about $10 from downtown per cab.

Edited by vacruizer

ES at MIA is very isolated; unless you want to eat dinner there (very expensive) you are stuck with ordering pizza or surviving on bar snacks from happy hour. :o

If the shuttle does not leave early enough for you figure on a $25+tip cab ride to POM.