Newbie booking advice please

catperson02

We are going on our first ever cruise on Azura in August (just a bit excited!). Thinking of next years holiday would we be best to book when the 2015 itineries come out in a few weeks or would there be better offers available on-board. I booked this cruise last Spring and have had great pleasure in watching the prices steadily climb for our cabin grade. As a teacher and with two school age children I have no choice but to go in the school holidays so waiting for a last minute deal isn't an option.

Thanks

If, as you do, need a certain time frame for your cruise. Or as in my case a certain grade of cabin, or other reasons, you need that early booking in ensure you get what you need. After which forget the pricing structure, as time goes on.as you have to pay the price for certainty. I would not gamble on the posability of no holiday.

It all depends on your personal circumstances regarding picking cabin, dining time and free shuttle buses. The only benefit booking onboard is you will get an extra amount of OBC depending on length of cruise the actual price of cruise will be same onboard as in any TA at the time. The only think be wary about is fluid pricing in that if you wait until August you might gain say £50pp OBC but the price of cruise might increase from its release date. The other option is to wait until very close to sail date and then you might get a very good last minute deal but you wont have choice of cabin and dinner sitting and you will have to pay for shuttle buses.

Depends to some extent whether you intend to restrict your choice to P&O or whether you will also consider other similar lines like Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, NCL etc which also offer UK to UK and fly cruises. P&O tend to be one of the first to publish their itineraries and will try to bump you into booking early. If however, you are prepared to consider the others then I would wait until all the major lines have published theirs as well and then decide which one suits you best.

We are going on our first ever cruise on Azura in August (just a bit excited!). Thinking of next years holiday would we be best to book when the 2015 itineries come out in a few weeks or would there be better offers available on-board. I booked this cruise last Spring and have had great pleasure in watching the prices steadily climb for our cabin grade. As a teacher and with two school age children I have no choice but to go in the school holidays so waiting for a last minute deal isn't an option.

Thanks

As a former teacher, I also had the same problem. As you want a cabin for 4 in the August holiday I would book when the booking starts in early April. At that time of year family cabins tend to be popular. We have always booked on day one of booking and have found it works well.

Wears of getting a little more are buying a future cruise deposit when on your cruise and this gives you extra OBC, buying Carnival shares, also gives you extra OBC, not only on P&O but Cunard, Princess and others.

You do know you are now doomed as cruising is very addictive. As you can see below.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app