Port Everglades Car Rental

pinkroses

We need an "after the cruise" car for transportation from Port Everglades to West Palm Beach airport. We will need the car for overnight. Is it easier to go to Fort Lauderdale airport to pick one up or are there some rental places closer to the port? Any suggestions? Thanks!

There is an Alamo outlet just across 17th from the north entrance to the port and Hertz runs a shuttle to their outlet at the Hilton Marina. I also saw an generic car rental picking up a few months ago that was likely going to the airport. Airport is about a 15 minute taxi ride if you want to go that route.

Have done all three, and not sure any method was faster (airport has more rental counters but is slightly farther away). Might be cheaper NOT renting at the airport, since they probably have an extra tax, but taxes in Florida tend to be more than the cost of the car. Even had a $3/day battery recycle charge....

The closest rental to Port Everglades (just outside the gate) is going to be Thrifty/Dollar...they have a comp shuttle that will take you very easily and quickly to their office..We've used them a couple of times and found their rates to be very good..Also agree no need to go to FLL and pay those airport fees.

We have about 10 hours between disembarkation and the time we need to be at the airport. I'm looking for a rental car company that will pick up from the pier and, after I return the rental, drop us off at the airport. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd rather skip a taxi ride, if possible.

We have about 10 hours between disembarkation and the time we need to be at the airport. I'm looking for a rental car company that will pick up from the pier and, after I return the rental, drop us off at the airport. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd rather skip a taxi ride, if possible.

What airport are you talking about, FLL, PBI, MIA?

National/Alamo have a rental car shuttle that picks you up right at the ship and takes you to rental car center at FLL. The rental cars at FLL are "on-airport" so no need for a drop off at the airport when you return.

What airport are you talking about, FLL, PBI, MIA?

National/Alamo have a rental car shuttle that picks you up right at the ship and takes you to rental car center at FLL. The rental cars at FLL are "on-airport" so no need for a drop off at the airport when you return.

I was talking about FLL. The OP was talking about Port Everglades, so I was piggy-backing on that. Sorry for the confusion, I was finishing my taxes when I thought to post this.

I was talking about FLL. The OP was talking about Port Everglades, so I was piggy-backing on that. Sorry for the confusion, I was finishing my taxes when I thought to post this.

Ok, the OP was going to PBI so I was confused. Take a look at National/Alamo as I mentioned above. That would work well for "no taxi needed".