Maho Beach?

I'm wondering how much time should we allow to get back to the ship by taxi. Also how much does it cost since I hear it's a long way between Maho beach and the Allure.

Normally it only takes 30-45 minutes to get back, but sometimes there are traffic jams. I would leave Maho no later than 2 hours before the all ship all aboard time.

I believe the taxi was around $8 to $10 per person, one-way.

Absolutely no worries with Bernard!! We have used him three times and had a great tour each time. He is well known and well respected in St martin and runs a top notch business.

His drivers know when the big jets are coming in and will make sure you are there to see them and they also keep up with traffic conditions (which can sometimes be a bear in the afternoons) to be sure you are back in plenty of time.

I would not hesitate one moment to use him again!

Ditto :) It's a peace of mind thing with us... and thus worth the extra $$ over the cost of a cab.

There is also a new road being built. Not sure when it is scheduled for completion but that should help with some traffic once it is open. I think (not certain) it goes from the airport over to the French side.

The new bridge is open. It does cross the bay from the airport over towards Marigot. Our cab driver last week told us the new bridge has really reduced the time back to P-burg or the ships as long as you avoid the scheduled times for the drawbridge to open. It only took us about 15 min around 2:30PM to get to Philipsburg from Maho with 4 ships in port.