Solarium Cafe

To answer the question about the Solarium Bistro at night...it is still healthy food on the Oasis and there is a fee charged. We had outstanding service and excellent food on our Feb 22 sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

we eat there often at Breakfast. Muesli, cranberries, sunflower seeds, almond slivers, grapefruit, other fruit, etc…

I love that stuff. And they don't have it in the Windjammer like they do on other ships. so that alone sold me on the solarium for breakfast. It was so good on Allure with different types of berries in it. I wish I had a bowl right now. :)

Edited by Ocean Boy

Excellent thought, I hadn't read that before, but its easy to visualize. I really dislike the Windjammer on disembarkation day. It actually triggers the post cruise depression for me as they usually only open up half of the area while the other half gets ready for the next group of passengers. That's why I eat breakfast in the MDR on the final day now, but the next time I do an Oasis class I'll keep this in mind.

And I prefer eating "outside" if I can; makes it feel like a little more "cruise" is still happening:D

Edited by Familygoboston

I was on the Enchantment of the Seas in December, and I don't remember there ever being a fee for the solarium food?? I do remember at night they have yummy, bad for you food, like hotdogs, nachos, chili sauce and other things like that. Mmmmmm. :D

For breakfast it was the only place that I was able to find a bagel. They had a little stand, kind of like a bagel bar where you choose your bagel, and then there are different cream cheeses to choose from, as well as toppings like smoked salmon, onion slices, tomato.....

And I agree with what another poster said about having the best views to sit and eat. Right up on the window, looking at the ocean. Nice and quiet in there too.. at least it was on the Enchantment.

Are children allowed there for breakfast?

Does the Jewel's solarium serve food? And (off topic, sorry!) is it always closed? I read that it was "stuffy/steamy" not where I would want to sit down for a meal.

Yes, there is a snack venue there. We used to get crepes there on other ships, don't know if Jewel has that. I believe that's where they serve the late night pizza.