Allure, Superior Oceanview

D1 Superior or a Superior D2-D8, which is $200 less.

Both appear to be same dimensions, room and balcony.

Is it the location?

Why would we want a D1 Superior versus the other?

I haven't factored in my balcony discount yet, so if there's something special about the D1, I'd take it.

Also, if any of you have sailed in this category, and were really happy with your room, I'd love to hear why and the room numbers.

And now I'll be sitting here all morning looking at photos. I have butterflies in my stomach knowing we'll be booking something soon. :)

D1 Superior or a Superior D2-D8, which is $200 less.

Both appear to be same dimensions, room and balcony.

Is it the location?

Why would we want a D1 Superior versus the other?

I haven't factored in my balcony discount yet, so if there's something special about the D1, I'd take it.

Also, if any of you have sailed in this category, and were really happy with your room, I'd love to hear why and the room numbers.

And now I'll be sitting here all morning looking at photos. I have butterflies in my stomach knowing we'll be booking something soon. :)

D1 balconies are the "hump" cabins because the balcony itself is larger. It extends farther out. Cabin 10596 is a great D1 that we stayed in on allure. Also the D1 cabins are located in the middle of the ship so location is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

D1 balconies are the "hump" cabins because the balcony itself is larger. It extends farther out. Cabin 10596 is a great D1 that we stayed in on allure. Also the D1 cabins are located in the middle of the ship so location is great.

Perfect! Yes, we had hump cabins on our last 3 Mariner cruises. This is what we're going to want then. :)

D1 balconies are longer -- not necessarily wider

- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31803944&postcount=8

It is my understanding that D2-D8 fairly the same and are mostly based on location after that

- Save for the case mentioned on the cabins "next to" the hump cabins

I had a D8 cabin which was surrounded by higher level cabins -- the only difference is mine was closer to the elevator lobby

We stayed in a D1 cabin on Allure. The balcony is the same width as other D cabins but is much deeper. We loved our D1 balcony.

The cabin is exactly the same size in a D1-D8. The balconies on D2-D8 are all the same. Some D5 balconies are angled and so they are slightly bigger.

Edited by vondofife