Majesty Balconies! Some Good News...

Well after a number of disappointments concerning our forthcoming cruise on Majesty, today we received the following email:

RE: Your holiday to Corfu.

Departure date 25/07/2014. Reference Number #######

Thank you for choosing to travel with Thomson Cruises. We’re writing to give you some important information about your holiday. And we’re pleased to say it’s good news.

We’ve been busy making some improvements to Thomson Majesty over the winter.

We’ve revamped some of the public areas, and added several balconies – all in the name of improving your cruise experience.

As a result, we’re happy to tell you that your cabin now has a balcony.

We hope you have a fantastic time on-board. If you have any questions in the meantime, you can either visit your local travel agent, or give us a call on 0800 009 3870.

We have a junior suite on Deck 9 booked. I wonder how much extra they'll be offering the upgrade for?!?

Well after a number of disappointments concerning our forthcoming cruise on Majesty, today we received the following email:

RE: Your holiday to Corfu.

Departure date 25/07/2014. Reference Number #######

Thank you for choosing to travel with Thomson Cruises. We’re writing to give you some important information about your holiday. And we’re pleased to say it’s good news.

We’ve been busy making some improvements to Thomson Majesty over the winter.

We’ve revamped some of the public areas, and added several balconies – all in the name of improving your cruise experience.

As a result, we’re happy to tell you that your cabin now has a balcony.

We hope you have a fantastic time on-board. If you have any questions in the meantime, you can either visit your local travel agent, or give us a call on 0800 009 3870.

We have a junior suite on Deck 9 booked. I wonder how much extra they'll be offering the upgrade for?!?

We are off on the Majesty a week on Thursday, she is heading for Malaga from Piraeus and is expected tomorrow after being refurbished. I don't think we will be getting one of these emails there will be no balconies on outside plus cabins on decks 3 or 4.

This is our first Thomson cruises and we are looking forward to going on the refurbished Majesty

Excellent news JoJo, enjoy it.

Thank you, we will I'm sure :) Can't wait for the first reviews to start coming in now following the refurb along with some pictures of the added balconies!!

Thank you, we will I'm sure :) Can't wait for the first reviews to start coming in now following the refurb along with some pictures of the added balconies!!

Will post a review - and try to add some photos - when we get back on 10th April.

Won' t be able to show you the balcony cabins though as we have booked a cheap/last minute ' stowage' option!

I take it this balcony is not going to cost you extra Jo :eek::eek::eek:

No Linda it's not! We'd paid to pre-book as we wanted two adjoining cabins, had we not pre-booked I'm sure they would have offered it to us at a charge! From the pictures someone posted on here a couple of weeks back, it didn't look as though all of the junior suites had had them added.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Will post a review - and try to add some photos - when we get back on 10th April.

Won' t be able to show you the balcony cabins though as we have booked a cheap/last minute ' stowage' option!

You may get to go in the cabins Campolady - when they refurbished the Celebratuon & added cabins recently, they allowed passengers to see one of the balcony cabins....

The Two brand new TUI German cruise Ships are the balcony type , the TUI British fleet will have this type in twenty years time when become worn out and obsolete and not up to standard for the major cruse lines but good enough for us British mugs.

Edited by norfolklad

The Two brand new TUI German cruise Ships are the balcony type , the TUI British fleet will have this type in twenty years time when become worn out and obsolete and not up to standard for the major cruse lines but good enough for us British mugs.

Yes that sounds about right never know might get the first mein shiff that was built in 10 years time :cool:

Hi, we've booked 923 (junior suite) and 925 (outside plus) it is 923 that has had the balcony added

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Jojo

Not sure if you are on the Thomson FB page but Mary is onboard now & has posted some photos of the Majesty Balcony cabins - looks lovely!

Jojo

Not sure if you are on the Thomson FB page but Mary is onboard now & has posted some photos of the Majesty Balcony cabins - looks lovely!

Thank you! Just been over to have a look, some great pictures. Mary appears to be having a lovely time and the suite looks very nice :)

Hi cheque. It's a closed group. I think you'd have to join to see the photos. If you type in Thomson Cruises it comes up first. It's a very friendly and informative group, just like this one!😀 Lots of people from here are on it too. Sorry don't know how to put a link on, someone will!

Hello

we are travelling on the same cruise and my sister has booked a junior suite also, we received a email today asking my sister if she wanted to upgrade to a balcony for £30pp per night. I actually said that I had read that someone had received their balcony complimentary so im hoping my sister will also.

Emma

thomson have been calling people who have not prebooked a cabin to upgrade to balcony on the spirit at a cost, but people who have prebooked a cabin on deck 9get it for free may be same on the majesty