November Transatlantic - Rough Seas? Temperatures?

jasm8449

We are on this same TA on the Silhouette. Since we have to fly this time, I know I will have to be very careful packing. For those of you who have made this trip before, what would you plan to take? Will it be chilly on our tours? Do we need a jacket or a coat? I'm assuming Caribbean clothes for later in the trip. Thanks for posting this. It is very helpful.

Please come over and join the TA Roll Call!

As for clothing -- layers! Be ready for chilly weather and warm weather, as well as wet weather, particularly in Italy that time of year. And yes, shorts for the ship.

We did a late TA from Rome last year, and it was very cold. Spent little time on the balcony. Probably the coldest of our 16 or so TAs. Miised the first port of call because a high wind kept us from leaving Civitaveccia until something like 6 am (while we slept)

It's like shooting craps. Win some, lose some. Just no way of forecasting the Atlantic weather 6 months in advance (unless you believe the specialized version of the Farmer's Almanac.

However, there is usually plenty to do--and often you'll have to select which of several things to go to (or ignore).

I think we were on the same cruise ???- Silhouette out of Rome 2013 - we were on the sunny side of the ship (left) most days it was too hot to sit out on the balcony mid day. Our next is booked on the other side. We have done a number of TA's and really enjoyed the weather on all.

we are also on our first transatlantic in October on the Reflection. Very apprehensive but at the same time need to get it out the system as its something I've wanted to do for years.

We are also on the October Reflection transatlantic. We did one in November 2012. It was wonderful. Calm seas nearly all the time. .What few swells we did have weren't that scary. But that is have the fun of cruising for to have a few good waves of a few feet. Have you joined the roll call for this crossing?

Worst seas in 60 cruises… eastbound TA from San Juan to Southampton. 25 foot sustained seas w/ 65mph winds. Going on deck was out of the question and most of the doors had yellow caution tape across them. Literally even a lot of the crew was sick.

But I LOVED it. A real "e-ticket" ride from back in the day.