Placemats instead of tablecloths?

martinchem

Wouldn't it be nice if Carnival brought back the ship portrait placemats, I really don't like having my silverware directly on the tables when I know they are cleaned with a dirty rag. With the placemat you have a healthier and more attractive setting and a great souvenir too!!

The Carnival Placemats which would be signed by the waiter at the end of the cruise was a nice touch that Carnival provided. In a way it said thanks for coming on our ship by your waiter and the cruise. When we returned home, we would cover the paper placemats with plastic and use them for dining. It is a shame that Carnival discontinued this practice.

The Carnival Placemats which would be signed by the waiter at the end of the cruise was a nice touch that Carnival provided. In a way it said thanks for coming on our ship by your waiter and the cruise. When we returned home, we would cover the paper placemats with plastic and use them for dining. It is a shame that Carnival discontinued this practice.

I agree. I always loved this as a souvenir!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Maybe the issue could be pushed about the unsanitary issue of the table being wiped with used cloths, or maybe take your own placemats and see what reaction you get with it..You would hope that Carnival would put sanitary conditions on the top of the list but ya never know..:rolleyes:

I'd rather have bare table than paper placemats. If I want to be that casual, I'll eat in the buffet. Cloth placemats would be nice, but would probably defeat the reason they took away the cloth tablecloths.

Wouldn't it be nice if Carnival brought back the ship portrait placemats, I really don't like having my silverware directly on the tables when I know they are cleaned with a dirty rag. With the placemat you have a healthier and more attractive setting and a great souvenir too!!

They were never a placemat vs. tablecloth item.

They were given out (not used) as a souvenir after dinner on the last night.

And as for the tables being cleaned with a dirty rag....I'm very sure that Carnival is taking that into consideration and that the they are changed repeatedly, and tested during inspection.