Using Alla Tours for all Baltic ports?

We decided to use Alla Tours for our 2-day SPB tour for our upcoming June cruise. Like the other tour companies, they offer tours in the other Baltic ports. Did anyone have a good or bad experience using Alla for tours in Helsinki, Stockholm, or Talinn?

We used them in Tallinn and had an informative guide. It was great to be able to start on the top of the hill and walk down.

We did Helsinki on our own --very easy using public transport.

Stockholm--we had a short visit in 2013 so did a Princess excursion.

We decided to use Alla Tours for our 2-day SPB tour for our upcoming June cruise. Like the other tour companies, they offer tours in the other Baltic ports. Did anyone have a good or bad experience using Alla for tours in Helsinki, Stockholm, or Talinn?

Posted a similar question previously but didn't get a response - what opinions do past people using Alla tours have about which tour in the Baltic ports other than St Petersburg- seems like there is a choice of a 2 or 3 hr one vs a 5 hr one. What experiences have cruisers had?

Great choice! You can't go wrong with Alla! :)

We were on the Celebrity Constellation last year. 3 of our family group of 5 used Alla last May/June in Tallinn, Helsinki & Stockholm since they had never been to the Baltics before. (I booked all of the tours as I was elected as our tour coordinator) My family had a wonderful time & guides were excellent and spoke flawless English (which is important as we have a family member who is hearing impaired).

Since I and my friend had been before (2011), we DIY in these ports but for my family "first timers", the Alla tours provided a great overview of the cities (at a much more affordable price than the ship's shore excursions!). They especially loved Stockholm (where my SIL wanted to see the Vasa museum and City Hall) & Tallinn. In Helsinki, their Alla guide dropped-off my family near Market Square after the tour and they joined-up with us for the remainder of the day. Same with Tallinn, we met at the conclusion of the tour in Old Town and then had lunch at Olde Hansa (http://www.oldehansa.ee/). After that, we did a little shopping (great marzipan, amber jewelry & hand-made sweaters in Tallinn) before returning to the ship.

The package that my family booked was the 4 Crowns package ... included St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Helsinki & Tallinn.

For Warnemunde, they used Friends of Dave ... also wonderful & found on Alla's website or contact directly at:http://www.friendsofdavetours.com/Warnemunde_Port_Tours.php) - recommended in Rick Steves travel book: Northern European Cruise Ports.

In 2011, we used Alla Tours for Berlin ... had a wonderful time and also visited the fabulous Pergamon Museum.

There are several reviews with photographs of the Alla package tours that you can visit to get a good idea of what the package tours entail and check-out some great photos of what you will see on your trip to the Baltic ports. Below are 2 that I found:

One from the Celebrity Eclipse:

http://www.thepreismans.com/baltic_2013.htm

One from Norwegian Cruise Lines:

https://ourbalticsvoyage.shutterfly.com/?role=-1?role=-1

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by dogs4fun