HAL newbie question re: Eurodam cabanas

caggfamily

I've been a member of cruise critic for many years and have been on most of the mainstream cruise lines except HAL, mostly because I thought they catered to an older clientele (this was what I thought many years ago when I was in my 20s). Anyway, my parents are taking the kids and grandkids on the Eurodam for a New Year's cruise, so like any good cruise critic member, I've started reading the HAL board for tips since I don't know anything about HAL.

I read about the retreat cabanas, and I called to book one as soon as I found out about them. We have two teenaged daughters so we wanted a family cabana but they were already sold out:(. Instead I booked two regular cabanas for the week and asked if they could be next to each other. They said they would put a note requesting that. Now I've been reading that the cabanas each have names, and that people request them by name? Do people just request cabanas to be assigned later, or can we request them? How do I find a map that lists the name and location? I'm disappointed that the family cabanas are booked, but I at least want them to be next to each other. Any suggestions? Also, they promptly charged my credit card but I never received written confirmation. Can I request that? Finally, are any of the locations better than others? Thanks for the help

Edited by caggfamily

A little reading on these threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1451480&highlight=retreat+cabanas

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1958439&highlight=retreat+cabanas

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1890456&highlight=retreat+cabanas

reveals that on Eurodam only you may specify which cabana(s) you wish, submit hat request, and get written confirmation of assignment at, or shortly after time of purchase.

Thanks for the links. When I started researching this a few weeks ago, the search function in cruise critic wasn't working, so it was much more difficult to find the info. I especially appreciate the link that shows the cabanas and their names. I'll contact HAL and see what they can do.

• 10 months later...
Just got our booking number for our cruise on Eurodam and want to see abt booking a cabana. Do we have to call HAL or can we email (if so what is the email) or book online? I can't find any info about doing so.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576