TA loses 24 hour hold- price soars

Here is all you have to understand: the only way to get the lowest price is to use a TA. (You may stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night but that does not make you a trained professional.) :D

Fine print: No, I am not a TA. I do not have any relatives or friends or are either. But after 30+ cruises some booked myself and most booked with TA's I can tell you if you use a TA you will save a enough to cruise more often. And if you have a problem the TA knows who to talk to get it resolved.

Thank you for this post!

Unless you had a deposit on the cruise, a "hold" on cabins is meaningless. The prices can and do change are are not guaranteed until you have money on the booking. Sorry your price increased so much.

Wrong. The price is locked in for 24 hours.

A TA can often have the cabin held for a week when booking through the TA website. I have done so, have seen the price increase before deposit was made and my clients have been able to book at the original price. Not sure why your result was different.

Edited by critterchick

It sounds like the TA made a mistake, which I'd be pretty bummed at...

A lot of people don't know that you can put a hold on a cabin and then transfer to a TA...this site helps to educate but posts on the subject are scattered......Quite honestly if a TA told me they were going to do it, I would have relied on them to do it and not thought for a second that they may screw up...

Not sure there is much you can do, other than ask the TA for some type of consideration for another cruise....the situation sucks...

It does get tiring when people post crap like this that does not help one bit.

Thank you so much Cruisin Cat- you saved this cruise for me! The price drop was dramatic to what it had been the day before on the Australian site. Balconies were even cheapeer than Inside. Why discount in Australian school holidays and this far out? - who knows. We grabbed the booking and are now cinfirmed. A few hundred more than the original lost quote- but we did get 2 balconies. thank you so much.

I am so glad that worked out for you! We did the exact same itinerary on Radiance in January this year and had a wonderful time.

Cheers

Cathy

Thank you so much Cruisin Cat- you saved this cruise for me! The price drop was dramatic to what it had been the day before on the Australian site. Balconies were even cheapeer than Inside. Why discount in Australian school holidays and this far out? - who knows. We grabbed the booking and are now cinfirmed. A few hundred more than the original lost quote- but we did get 2 balconies. thank you so much.

So wonderful to hear! Good for you! Enjoy your holiday.

Yay, I am so very happy this worked out for you in the end, OP! So generous of you to take your sis and nephew on a cruise. I'm sure they will enjoy and the memories will be priceless. Now, forget all this travel agent/booking nonsense and enjoy.