Winter Itineraries are Out for Fall 2015 - Spring 2016. What are Your Likes/Dislikes

WildcatRock

Sigh ... taking deep breaths .... pondered over the winter 2015-6 schedules ... and talking to DH ....

NCL returning to South America! We loved our SA cruise (please read my review in my signature) and initially thought we'd do the same again, but decided we'd do the re-positioning cruise instead so we can visit the ports we have not been to.

Escape doing the 10-day Westbound TA to Miami in Oct 2015 - 25 hour days! We might do it (loved the Epic W/B TA in Oct - twice) - so PLEASE NCL don't change the itinerary like you did with Getaway!!

Epic staying in Europe during winter - might do her during one winter when we're over there.

Gem doing 10 days instead of 7.

Choice of no less than 4 ships doing WB TA in fall 2015 and then probably 3 doing the EB TA in April 2016 - if Jade and Spirit return to Europe to spend the summer. We won't know this until fall 2014 when they release the summer 2016 itineraries.

Dislikes:

No less than 3 ships doing the same West Caribbean itinerary! :eek: We have done that 3 times!

No more St. Maarten.

Tortola. We have been there a few times and each time we notice the island isn't making much effort to prettien up. The roads are in terrible state - we hired motor scooters (we live in Bermuda so we are experts on motor bikes/scooters) and found the roads really bad and hair-raising. When we returned the bikes we told the shop owner NEVER to rent bikes out to novices!! I'm saying Tortola because St. Maarten has been replaced with Tortola.

Edited by bluesea777

LIKE- the South American itineraries which appeal to me more than Caribbean itineraries.

The fact the EPIC will be in the Med for school half terms when we are more likely to cruise with the kids.

DISLIKE - only one ship in the Med with NO eastern Med itineraries, which are more interesting and would have milder temperatures than the Western itineraries.

LIKE- the South American itineraries which appeal to me more than Caribbean itineraries.

The fact the EPIC will be in the Med for school half terms when we are more likely to cruise with the kids.

DISLIKE - only one ship in the Med with NO eastern Med itineraries, which are more interesting and would have milder temperatures than the Western itineraries.

Hopefully the Jade and/or Spirit will return to the Med for the summer time .

If this is the case, then there's another LIKES: more choice of ships doing the Eastbound TAs in April 2016. ;)

Edited by bluesea777

Love the Sun going to SA

Sad that only the Gem will be going to St Maarten

Delighted the Star is returning to Tampa. One more great GV adventure.

Too bad the Escape and Getaway are not alternating itineraries. Great B2B options not available.

I just went to NCL's web site to look at 2015 Mexican riviera cruises but didn't see them available for booking, am I missing something?:confused:

You missed they don't go on sale until April 15 ;)

Edited by time2cruise1

Too bad the Escape and Getaway are not alternating itineraries. Great B2B options not available.

My thoughts exactly. Can't figure out why they couldn't do that - I hated doing our makeshift B2B last year with Pearl and Epic, the extra night in between just adds unnecessary costs.

I'd like to see a British Isles cruise once or twice a year!

The Star is doing the BI, Copenhagen to Dover on 9/24/15.

We are already booked and the roll call is active. Come join us. This will be our third BI cruise and has three ports we have not done before, Rotterdam, Portsmouth, UK and Cork, Ireland.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom