Winter Itineraries are Out for Fall 2015 - Spring 2016. What are Your Likes/Dislikes

WildcatRock

The Winter 2015 - Spring 2016 itineraries are out. What do you think? What do you like, or dislike?

Overall, I love what NCL did - put ships in South America, Port Canaveral, LA, and San Diego. We really like the Sun 10 or 11 day itineraries through the Mexican Riviera.

Here's a link to the press release: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_031214A

Let us know - what do you like, or what don't you like???

:) Like! We were waiting for NCL to post their winter 2015 itinerary. This link to the press release explains we'll be able to look at prices, bookings, etc. next month.

Glad the Gem is doing a 10-day E. Caribbean next winter, to include a full day in San Juan.:)

Sorry that the Gem won't be doing a Southern Caribbean next winter; would have to book the Breakaway for that. But the Breakaway is so much more $:( Something to think about....

Thanks, again, for the info.

:) Like! We were waiting for NCL to post their winter 2015 itinerary. This link to the press release explains we'll be able to look at prices, bookings, etc. next month.

Glad the Gem is doing a 10-day E. Caribbean next winter, to include a full day in San Juan.:)

Sorry that the Gem won't be doing a Southern Caribbean next winter; would have to book the Breakaway for that. But the Breakaway is so much more $:( Something to think about....

Thanks, again, for the info.

Where does it say we can't book till next month?

:) Like Escape home ported in Miami

:) Like Getaway's western stops including GSC !!!!!!!!

:) Like Escape going to Tortola

:) Like Escape spending more time in St Thomas unlike Epic and Getaway

:( Dislike that I still cant afford an owners suite

:( Not liking that there's no Nov & Dec sailing from NYC at all......I'm just hoping it because they haven't schedule anything yet; I like the thought of just taking the subway to W 59th and not having to taking a plane to Miami along with paying $500 in airfare.

:( Not liking that there's no Nov & Dec sailing from NYC at all......I'm just hoping it because they haven't schedule anything yet; I like the thought of just taking the subway to W 59th and not having to taking a plane to Miami along with paying $500 in airfare.

Am I missing something ?

Norwegian Breakaway will offer seven-day Bahamas & Florida itineraries from New York City from October 25 through November 22, 2015, from December 13 through 27, 2015 and from February 14 through April 17, 2015. Ports of call include Orlando & The Beaches (Port Canaveral); Norwegian's private island, Great Stirrup Cay; and Nassau, Bahamas

Norwegian Gem will offer 10-day Eastern Caribbean cruises from New York from October 10, 2015 through April 11, 2016, cruising to San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Tortola, British Virgin Islands. This new itinerary provides a full day in San Juan, Puerto Rico, giving guests more time to explore this flavorful island or experience its world famous El Yunque rainforest

Guests cruising to the Caribbean from the Big Apple can cruise on board Norwegian Breakaway or Norwegian Gem. Norwegian Breakaway, the ship that brings the best of NYC out to sea, will return to the Southern Caribbean during the fall and winter offering four 12-day Southern Caribbean itineraries: November 29, 2015; and January 3, 17 and 31, 2016. Ports of call on this sun-drenched itinerary include: San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; Castries, St. Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; and Basseterre, St. Kitts.

Like - NCL expanding globally with re-deployment to South America.

Like - Norwegian Spirit returning to the USA from her banishment in Europe (she's the ship with the best decor in the fleet)! :)

Dislike - Norwegian Jade coming to the USA. It closes the door for her to be re-flagged to the US and sail anywhere along the US coast without requiring a foreign flagged visit. Such a shame. :(

Dislike - The amount of time needing to wait for the South America itinerary to kick in. Princess has some awesome trips this upcoming year including one that's 1.5 months and takes you from FL to CA by going all around South America! Now that's worthy of attention!

Like:D opportunity to go on a South America cruise on the Sun

like:D additional Panama Canal opportunities from Miami on the Pearl

Like :D return of Jade- let's me complete sailing on all four Jewel class ships without expensive overseas air travel

dislike:( DW (just kidding) for not letting me book any more cruises until we complete our next two (ok to start planning though for South America...)

:) Like them all :)

:( Dislike airplanes so much I can't take most of them :(

I will definitely be trying the Gem 10 day :)

Happy Cruising !

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I like the fact that NCL will go to South America, but the price of the plane fare will negate the cruise. Wish they would extend it, with embark and disembark from US ports.:(

The cruise wouldn't be profitable. The longer the cruise, the older the crowd tends to be and after my last cruise... I can tell you they don't spend much money on the ship so the base price of the cruise would be sky high! :cool::D

After taking to people and doing a ton of reading and basically falling in love with NCL...I am hoping The Getaway will be my first cruise in late 2015 or early 2016 and I was hoping for a Western Caribbean cruise so TADA! YAY! I am excited about it. I look forward to seeing actual itineraries and prices.

We are still technically debating Celebrity vs. NCL...but I am sold on NCL ..haha

The cruise wouldn't be profitable. The longer the cruise, the older the crowd tends to be and after my last cruise... I can tell you they don't spend much money on the ship so the base price of the cruise would be sky high! :cool::D

Wow :eek: I'm beginning to feel that being a member of "the older the crowd" is not such a good thing... getting blamed for everything...next we'll be getting blamed for the high cost of cruising... NOT!! :p

Good thing we've got broad shoulders I guess. ;)

We got tired of NCL not having a cruise Around the Horn of South America, so we did the Celebrity Infinity cruise from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso, Chile. It was great. I highly recommend this cruise.

Here is my review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=248878

The cruise is 14 day long and there were cruises from Europe, South America, Asia and North America.

The cost of a balcony (top balcony) was $2450 per person for two weeks. The airfare was $1400 per person from JAX.

We don't do many cruises less than 10 days and find the average age is around 60. We did do an Med cruise on the Epic that was 7 days and the average age was about 50.

I think Celebrity made plenty of money on our cruise.