Book Disembark transfer to FLL or independent taxi

mouseterd1

Thanks everyone for good advice.

There will be only two ships in port April 18...so I think we will wing a taxi to FLL. If disembarking is on time, approximately what time would be last off ship? I think a direct Princess airport transfer would leave much earlier than that and we'd be there way too soon for our 1:30 p.m. flight.

Between 9:30 and 10 most likely.

There will be only two ships in port April 18...so I think we will wing a taxi to FLL. If disembarking is on time, approximately what time would be last off ship? I think a direct Princess airport transfer would leave much earlier than that and we'd be there way too soon for our 1:30 p.m. flight.

At Christmas time we got a 1030 disembarkation...it was lovely!

We just flew home a couple of weeks ago from FLL. We did the Princess everglade and flamingo garden tour, with the transfer to the airport. This worked for our time schedule and left us at the airport early, with a flight at 6:00. Don't forget the construction at the airport. The wait for food was two hours to sit down, and we where limited in the terminal area. We opted for Peiwei/Jamba juice selection. Less crowded.

Hi,

What time did you have to disembark the ship to do this tour of Everglades,flamingos and drop off at FLL? Our flight doesn't leave till 4:30pm

Thanks

How do you find oiut how many ships will be in port?

I feel I had to weigh in on this because I just flew out of FLL this past Sunday. There were 8 ships in Port Everglades that day-EIGHT! Including the Royal, the Emerald, 2 HAL, a Carnival, a Celebrity and the Monster of the Seas (Allure). Our flight wasn't until 5:15, so we got off as late as possible, about 9:45. The wait for a taxi was reasonable, maybe 15-minutes. The cost was less than $20 for the two of us (Plus tip). Transfer were $19 each, and they don't go until the bus is full.

We were flying Southwest, and were allowed to check our bags FIVE (5) hours before our flight time. I saw a sign for US Air and they allowed up to 4 hours before your flight time. I had been told that TSA would not let you go through security more than 2-hours before your flight-Not True. We went though almost 3 hours before. It depends on the agent, and just how busy the gates beyond are.

As for places to eat BEFORE security-Good Luck. Only Terminal 3 has a sit down place, and that's a Chilli's. The line was insane, but it actually moved pretty fast. The airport was a zoo, not just because of all the cruise ships (Don't forget the port of Miami-A lot of people may opt to fly in/out of FLL because it can be cheaper to fly to FLL rather than MIA) but because it was Spring Breaks many places on the eastern seaboard.