Port Canaveral as a port - not departure

missdenise

With your rental car, try Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge - just on the north boundary of Kennedy Space Centre.

Chance to see manatees, alligators, numerous wading and shore birds, aardvarks, etc

Great advice, but I am pretty sure there are no aardvarks at Merritt National ,also nearby is Canaveral National Seashore the biggest section of un developed beach on the east coast. It is somewhat hard to find but well worth it.

funtime5 - we did a google search on low rental car fares Port Canaveral and found Payless, called them and just had to provide our last name for a reservation. Tell John (and Tom) I said Hi...totally awesome reps with great customer service!

Capt_BJ - I remember @ the Zoo's "Giraffe" station (which they were currently building a new extension to): the cool attendant telling us: "Here comes Gerty - our 13 year old female who is 13 feet tall"

Our daughter bought a cookie to feed her, which Gerty promptly ate very gently out of her hand: Here is a pic of G after she ate the cookie

g.jpg.6e1cee504f66dd26c16bc67dae7b70ea.jpg

Edited by MACE