Geiranger Fjord Center

GJH123

In this thread, there is talk of a River Walk. I have googled "Geiranger River walk" and nothing is coming up. Is there another name that I should be plugging in? Does anyone know how long it would take to walk up and down if you started from where the tenders drop us off? Any information on this Riverwalk would be so very appreciated.

I believe the River Walk is actually the Waterfall Walk out of Geiranger...at least, this is what we plan on doing:

The Waterfall walk

Distinctive waterfall walk in the middle of Geiranger center. This highlight opens in May 2014 and connects the Norwegian Fjord Centre, Hotel Union and the upper plateau in the village. When walking the 305 steps, you will experience plenty of photo opportunities of the stunning surroundings. The Geiranger-waterfall runs steeply next to the stairs and the view along the way are magnificent. The waterfall walk offers the chance to experience nature at its best up close.

Here is a link to a map of Geiranger which shows the waterfall walk on the right hand side: http://www.geirangerfjord.no/town-maps.

I believe the River Walk is actually the Waterfall Walk out of Geiranger...at least, this is what we plan on doing:

The Waterfall walk

Distinctive waterfall walk in the middle of Geiranger center. This highlight opens in May 2014 and connects the Norwegian Fjord Centre, Hotel Union and the upper plateau in the village. When walking the 305 steps, you will experience plenty of photo opportunities of the stunning surroundings. The Geiranger-waterfall runs steeply next to the stairs and the view along the way are magnificent. The waterfall walk offers the chance to experience nature at its best up close.

Here is a link to a map of Geiranger which shows the waterfall walk on the right hand side: http://www.geirangerfjord.no/town-maps.

Thanks for this link. Do you have any idea as to how long we should allow to do this walk? I think our planned tour ends at 2:30 or so (we're doing a boat/Mt Dal combo tour with the fjord service) and our all aboard time is 5pm. We're also tendered here (maybe everyone is?) so we have to allow for that as well. Would we have time to do this walk? Thanks!

The Waterfall walk

Yes, when I kept searching for a river walk and came up empty, I went to Tripadvisor to look for highlights and when I saw a Waterfall Walk, I knew I had misnamed it. Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so very much. Do you have a time estimate on how long it takes? In the "river walk" talk, someone said an hour, but I didn't know if that was one way or round trip since I know some get dropped off at the Fjord Center and just walk down after a tour. We have a tour in the middle part of our stay so trying to figure out if the timing it takes will work better in the morning or afternoon. Again, many thanks.

From the pier and all the way up to the Fjord center I would say 30 minutes one way. This is with stops to enjoy the view.

Perfect, thank you. I think we can get the Geiranger Fjord Service to drop us at the Fjord Center after the Mt. Dal part of the tour. Then we can enjoy the Fjord Center and just do the walk one-way to town. Thanks!

gjh123 and jenf22,

Can you please email me the contact info for the companies whose tour you have arranged?

Thank you.

I am sailing on the Eclipse in June and would like the information as well.

mperry at pdragons dot com.

thanks,

Michael a.k.a. dragonmaster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gjh123 and jenf22,

Can you please email me the contact info for the companies whose tour you have arranged?

Thank you.

We booked them through here:

http://www.geirangerfjord.no/english

We're doing a combo tour (http://www.geirangerfjord.no/scenic-fjord-and-mountain-combo-2). I emailed them a couple of times and they were always very responsive and nice. We paid through the website and got confirmation right away (albeit not in English :) )