Dining Reservations

grandpops

Hi Everyone

It is my wife's birthday on 15th April which is the day that we sail away from Mumbai.I would like to book a table in Prime C for the evening.

Does anyone know if it is possible to make a table reservation pre-cruise or will I have to take my chance when onboard?

Many Thanks

Grandpops

[quote name='grandpops']Hi Everyone

It is my wife's birthday on 15th April which is the day that we sail away from Mumbai.I would like to book a table in Prime C for the evening.

Does anyone know if it is possible to make a table reservation pre-cruise or will I have to take my chance when onboard?

Many Thanks

Grandpops[/QUOTE]

I am not sure that that either Prime C or Aquilina will be open on that day (they often open on alternate days). If they are open I don't think it would be difficult to get a booking, usually most passengers are too tired to even eat in the MDR.
Good Luck- I'll see you on board!

[quote name='leo178']I am not sure that that either Prime C or Aquilina will be open on that day (they often open on alternate days). If they are open I don't think it would be difficult to get a booking, usually most passengers are too tired to even eat in the MDR.
Good Luck- I'll see you on board![/QUOTE]
Where did you get that information? That hasn't been my experience.

Grandpops, you can't make reservations ahead of time (via the website for instance) so I would go directly to Prime C or Aqualina when you board and have a word with either the Maître d' or person on duty there and see what they can do for you.

Phil Edited by excitedofharpenden

[quote name='grandpops']Hi Everyone

Many Thanks

Grandpops[/quote]

You should be able to make a reservation for Prime C as you board. You are usually asked to book a time for the MDR for the first night. Just tell them you wish to make a reservation for Prime C (we once reserved Aqualina for the first night this way).

[quote name='excitedofharpenden']Where did you get that information? That hasn't been my experience.

Grandpops, you can't make reservations ahead of time (via the website for instance) so I would go directly to Prime C or Aqualina when you board and have a word with either the Maître d' or person on duty there and see what they can do for you.

Phil[/quote]

Phil, I think the alternate day opening is something that sometimes happens on a TA or repositioning cruise when there aren't as many passengers aboard.

Grandpops, there are always lots of reservations available the first night. There will be someone representing the specialty restaurants available as soon as you board, at a table with the menus, trying to interest people in dining there. I doubt that you will have a problem getting a reservation. Have a great time.

[quote name='GJH123']When we board, is there a central location to make reservations or do we need to go to each venue to make them?
This our first time on Azamara, we are really anticipating a wonderful experience.[/quote]

There will be a desk at which you can see the menus and make reservations at either restaurant. It will all be clear when you get there.;) Have a great cruise.

On one cruise we had to go to or call the restaurant once on board, or let our. Butler take care of it(this was when they were still only $5). Next cruise, there was a table set up as we boarded and we pretty much had our choice of times for a table for two at either restaurant. Guess there's a plus to having an up charge. Must say, however, that we enjoy the MDR so much that it wouldn't be the end of the world if we couldn't get our choice of time in prime c or aquilina...something for everyone!

[quote name='tgg']Phil, I think the alternate day opening is something that sometimes happens on a TA or repositioning cruise when there aren't as many passengers aboard.
[/QUOTE]
I didn't realise that. They've always been open for the duration on the cruises I've done. Last year's Mumbai to Athens repo they were open. The ship was pretty full I think. You are right. There will be lots of staff around on debarkation to help and point you in the right direction.

Phil

When we boarded in Dubai in November there was a table for specialty dining before we even stepped on the ship but after check in.
It might be dependent on the layout of the terminal, but I remember we wished later we had stopped because by the we actually tried to make a reservation with friends our choice was already booked. However we were able to have a lovely anniversary dinner in Prime C on the second leg of our back to back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[quote name='dun123das']Hi Grandpops. As my birthday is also on 15th April, I just wanted who wish your wife a fabulous birthday on your cruise. xxx[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your good wishes .Hope to see you onboard.Have a great birthday.

Cheers

Grandpops