Cabin upgrade and delivery of baggage to correct cabin

Spartan Tartan

How does one have their baggage delivered to the upgraded cabin when the baggage tags indicate a different cabin number? Previous posters have stated that they have been upgraded from an inside to an outside cabin at the cruise terminal. If your original baggage tags are 4049 inside cabin and you have been upgraded to outside 5009 at the terminal how do you ensure that your baggage is delivered to the correct cabin?

Upgrades at the terminal are extremely rare, at least on Celebrity. Are there so many unbooked cabins on your cruise that you think it likely you would be able to purchase an upgrade shoreside before you board?

If so, and you are a couple, one could wait curbside withy the luggage while the other goes into the terminal to arrange the stateroom upgrade, then exit the terminal and have the porter write you new luggage tags.

Edited by WestLakeGirl

It has been awhile since I have heard of this, let alone actually seen it happen. The manifest has to be set before hand within a certain number of hours. Someone with more knowledge of this, would know the exact amount of time.

I suppose that would be a good question to ask the person you are purchasing the upgrade from in the unlikely event that you get one.

I guess you could go talk to, or leave a note for, the stateroom attendant at your old cabin asking him to arrange to have your luggage sent over to your new one. If I did this I'd put it in a very nice way and pass along a tip to show my appreciation in advance.

This is not an issue I'd lose much sleep over.

Edited by Lsimon

A no brainer. Happens all the time.

Go check now and then at your original cabin. If your luggage is there, take it to your new cabin. :D

Exactly!!! That's what we had to do when we got a surprise upgrade. Unfortunately, the "upgrade" was to a smaller cabin in a noisier location. I tried to get our original cabin back, but failed. It is in the "Passenger Agreement" that Celebrity can change cabins on you. I did get a big OBC though.

We were "upgraded" at the pier (to a cabin I didn't want, but that's another story. They told us at check-in that our suitcases would automatically be re-routed. NOT. We ended up going to the old cabin and there they were, sitting in the hall, waiting for us to shlep them back to our new cabin. BTW, we got wine, OBC and apologies for the bogus upgrade, which they only did because a group wanted cabins together on our original deck.

If you are truly interested in upgrading, don't wait until you check in. The counter person will more than likely tell you it can't be done pier side and to ask at Customer Service once onboard. Your best bet would be to make the change now.

If you are visited by the upgrade fairy then make sure you have the stevedore double check your cabin number before you hand over your luggage. We always do that anyway.

We have been lucky to have been blessed by the elusive upgrade fairy on four different cruise lines and our luggage has always been delivered to our cabin.

Go check now and then at your original cabin. If your luggage is there, take it to your new cabin. :D
That's what we had to do once when we were upgraded. I didn't know we'd been upgraded until I went to customer relations to complain that my room key wouldn't work.:D

A no brainer. Happens all the time.

True. We upgraded once at the pier with RCCL and we also told our cabin attendant. He took care of everything. :)