Has NCL Ever Offered Deals As Good The Recent Ones?

In November 2008 (when the economy was in free fall) DH and I paid $219/person for a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise on the Pearl. DH had just been handed his pink slip and we thought "what better way to fill up all that spare time than with a cruise?" We had a great time and by New Year's DH had been offered a new job. Don't think it's likely we'll ever see those prices again.

Edited by polySeraph

In November 2008 (when the economy was in free fall) DH and I paid $219/person for a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise on the Pearl. DH had just been handed his pink slip and we thought "what better way to fill up all that spare time than with a cruise?" We had a great time and by New Year's DH had been offered a new job. Don't think it's likely we'll ever see those prices again.

Wow! I thought our Western Caribbean at $314pp was a best ever deal!

We had a great time, too, first ever in an inside cabin. Just spent 28 days in an inside cabin on the Star and found we can enjoy a great time without the higher cost cabins, not that we don't enjoy those, too.

In 2010, I got a balcony on the Sun for the 14 nights in South America, buy 1 get 1 free promotion. We paid under $1800 for two of us! There were many who paid even less! We were on the 2nd to last cruise before NCL pulled out of SA.

If you get the chance to go to SA, take it! Would love to do it all over again.

Edited by chezbo99

In 2010, I got a balcony on the Sun for the 14 nights in South America, buy 1 get 1 free promotion. We paid under $1800 for two of us! There were many who paid even less! We were on the 2nd to last cruise before NCL pulled out of SA.

If you get the chance to go to SA, take it! Would love to do it all over again.

Wow, that was a great price! I don't remember what we paid for our inside cabin on that South American cruise but I do remember that the grand total for everything was around $2,500 - including meals and shore excursions. We used Delta miles for the tickets and Marriott points for the pre-cruise hotel.

Now that NCL's going back to South America, I keep trying to convince ComputerTravelGuy that we need to go back too for another cruise around the Horn. Trouble is, we've booked this cruise on the Celebrity Infinity in 2015 that goes from Valparaiso to Fort Lauderdale and we really, really love the itinerary. Bookings for the Sun's SA itineraries don't open until April 15th, so I still have time to convince him that we need to do both.... :D

Edited by polySeraph

As the saying goes ....you ain't seen nothing yet.

Wait until the Sept to early December cruises get closer. If they are slashing spring break and summer cruises, just imagine what will happen to cruises in the off season.

Edited by ohiogymrat

Wow! I thought our Western Caribbean at $314pp was a best ever deal!

We had a great time, too, first ever in an inside cabin. Just spent 28 days in an inside cabin on the Star and found we can enjoy a great time without the higher cost cabins, not that we don't enjoy those, too.

I think the price on that cabin was $245/person and then, unbelievably, we were able to apply the old PGMIL discount on top of that. It was a great cabin too - on a high deck and amidships.

I've always wondered about being in an interior cabin on the Dawn and the Star. Since their forward Observation Lounges have been removed, where does one go to get natural light on a rainy day? (We were in an ocean view cabin on the Dawn.) I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your 28 days in an interior cabin on the Star.

I usually get an inside for @$60 per night, Just got a Balcony on the Epic, Easter week, for $460, or les then $70/night. :rolleyes:

Last Thanksgiving, picked up a week on the Epic for $319 (7 night Eastern/inside). Excellent price I thought, especially for a holiday week.

But swack, I see you have sailed on just about every cruiseline. Can you tell me your order of faves?

So far Carnival for the best mix of food and entertainment, which are the reasons we sail. Love their nightly comedy and piano bar.

Next up would be Princess, then Celebrity

Least fave is RCCL, but we've yet to sail their larger ships.

Did not care for NCL 11 years ago, but giving it a try again, main concerns backj then were early Freestyle methods, we'll see how they work this time, on a larger ship.

Edited by SWACK

I see you were on the Sun in 2013. We are trying to make up our minds about a 1/2015 cruise. One choice was the Sun the other is the Getaway. My grandson who is 36 is going with us on his first cruise and is excited about all the ports. We have seen all of them many times so the ship is important to us. The Sun will have the most ports and is the cheapest but I am concerned about the ship being in need of refurbishing. I have read a few reviews that said the carpets were worn and some even had holes. Our favorite ship is the Pearl but it is not available next January. Did you buy a spa package where you can use the spa facilities every day and if so how was it.