Parking in Miami if not at the Port

spazilla1

Hello fellow cruisers! I need some help here. As my title suggests we have sailed from Miami twice but do not park at the port. Has anybody else utilized a park and go and what were your opinions? We have done it twice and once was great and the second time was Nightmare in Miami! It was almost enough to convince hubby to never sail out of Miami again. I have also read of hotels with shuttle service to the port, but would rather not spend $180 just to have a glorified parking spot for my car. Since we live in the state it is not a problem driving there on time as no airfare is involved. Any suggestions?? thanks cruisers! Always know you will have the answers! :D

I've used "Safe Cruise Parking" with O.K. results. I've been told that they were temporarily having to use another parking lot, instead of their "normal" one, which is located under the elevated highway, and relatively close to the port. If they're still using the "temporary lot", I'd advise against parking there, but if they are back in their normal lot, I think you'll be O.K. to use their services. Price was $8.99 per day, and that included everything. No extra charges for transportation to, and from the port, or port access fees, or anything. There was slight delays in getting us to the ship, and about a 15 minute wait for the van upon our return, but in view of the HIGH cost of parking at the port, it was well worth it. (We parked, and took our keys with us. No worries about the vehicle.)

"SKY"

thanks SkyMaster - I did not want to name names but I think that was the problem last year - they were not where we were told they would be and my spouse just about had his head explode! Then when we got back we called them and it took them about an hour to pick us up at the port to take us back to the car! and it was Freezing as we sailed in January! (cold for us Floridians that is!) hee hee. We passed Premier parking and they did seem to be more on the ball as far as pickup was concerned. Thanks everybody for all the input!

We used Safe Cruise Parking at their temporary lot in January. Very safe, very efficient.

Just a head up about Premier parking: there were several other cars of people frantic at Safe Cruise Parking as we arrived because they had paid Premier Parking in advance and when they got to Premier they were totally closed. They lost their money and had to scramble to find other parking. Somehow they found Safe Cruise Parking. I guess there have been many complaints about Premier Parking to the city of Miami and their employees had walked off the job or were on strike.

I totally understand not wanting to pay $20 per day at the port BUT we do it every-time simply because we are Platinum and get off the ship pretty darn quickly and like to have our vehicle right there , throw the bags in and off we go on our way home! We just really like the convenience! Most of the time we are with another couple anyway so we all just split the parking cost!

I definitely would never use Premier Parking USA. We used them in December and was parked for 3 weeks. Yes it is a gated lot but what a nightmare.

We got there at 10am, drove into the lot and found total disarray, only one guy spoke English. They couldn't find the keys for the people who had been on the cruise the previous week, they ended up locking the gates and telling people to come back after 12pm. Cars were blocked in and people could not leave until the person that had them blocked in showed up. There were others who had their car damaged.

We finally was able to leave the lot but we did not take the shuttle, there was only 1 and it was very slow. Ended up catching a taxi to the port, $10 and then on way back caught another taxi due to shuttle being no where in sight. Cost $15 to get the taxi back, another story in itself.

At least our car was there still. We have 3 free days parking with them and there is no way I would park there again.

By the way ... at Safe Cruise Parking you take your keys with you. No need to leave them at the lot.

Have read some horror stories where some of the lots (Premier?) where you leave your keys, they take your car for rides around town while you are on your cruise.

There is NO safe parking offsite of the Port of Miami.

People who have had good experience are the exception not the norm.

Premier is the same group of people that are Premier, Safe, United, and what her name they come up with.