Adonia: suitable for a 19 and 20 year old?

AJ28

We are considering seven night cruises during July and are hoping to take our kids; 19 and 20. They haven't been away with us for a couple of years but have been on many cruises as children with P&O, RCI, Princess, Celebrity.

There is a cruise we like the look of on Adonia (new ports for us), an adult only ship and also a small one. I have concerns about whether my two will find the size and 'adult only' aspect limiting. Does anyone have experience of this ship and facilities of young people?

We are also considering a 7 nighter on Ventura. We know that this is a large ship with more facilities, would it be preferable. for young adults? We will have been to most of the ports previously, however.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

AJ

We are considering seven night cruises during July and are hoping to take our kids; 19 and 20. They haven't been away with us for a couple of years but have been on many cruises as children with P&O, RCI, Princess, Celebrity.

There is a cruise we like the look of on Adonia (new ports for us), an adult only ship and also a small one. I have concerns about whether my two will find the size and 'adult only' aspect limiting. Does anyone have experience of this ship and facilities of young people?

We are also considering a 7 nighter on Ventura. We know that this is a large ship with more facilities, would it be preferable. for young adults? We will have been to most of the ports previously, however.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

AJ

They are probably 30 years to young.

Adonia does have a reputation for being especially senior-friendly, although I have to admit that I've not been on her. That said, it's always possible that a 7-night cruise might attract a more general passenger demographic; many cruises on Adonia are more than 14 nights, and apparently they do attract an older age-group. But even a 7-night cruise on Adonia will still be adults-only - by definition, therefore, there won't be any young couples with younger children trying a shorter, lower-cost cruise.

Ventura, on the other hand, might well hit the spot better, and even if you've been to the ports before you might see them them differently with your children on board, as young adults. I'm a fan of Ventura - my wife and I have cruised on her four times. Have a look at my blog for detailed reviews of these cruises.

I would say they will be bored.

I am in my early 50s and love Adonia - but I like the fact it is small, cosy, friendly and has nice restaurants. On sea days I nap and read - I have a very busy job and am using the trip to recharge my batteries.

I would not have enjoyed it 30 years ago

Thanks for your prompt replies everyone, they confirm my suspicions, sadly.

I must add that we would have been added to a wait list for a 4 berth cabin, there being only seven on the ship :eek:.

Tom, I'll have a look at your blog, I am heartened to read that you like Ventura. Perhaps we will give her a try. My fave P&O ship is Aurora but sadly there are no suitable cruises on her this time.