salon/spa prices

momatibm

I know I saw a price list for the salon and spa recently, but I can't get search to find it. Can someone point me to the thread, please?

I am unable to point you to the thread but I have a complete hardcopy of the price list for the salon & spa that I obtained on my recent Ryndam cruise & brought home with me! :) What prices would you like to know? :confused:

One of benefits for 3-star and 4-star Mariners, supposedly, is a "Discount on select treatments at Greenhouse Spa and Salon". Any time I've gone to the spa desk to inquire about what those "select" treatments are and what the discount is, the receptionist has been unaware of any such thing. I've always dropped the issue rather than ask to speak to the Spa Manager because on day 1, when I've asked the question, there is usually a crush of people in there.

Does any one know what the "select" treatments are and what the discount is for 3-star and 4-star mariners?

One of benefits for 3-star and 4-star Mariners, supposedly, is a "Discount on select treatments at Greenhouse Spa and Salon". Any time I've gone to the spa desk to inquire about what those "select" treatments are and what the discount is, the receptionist has been unaware of any such thing. I've always dropped the issue rather than ask to speak to the Spa Manager because on day 1, when I've asked the question, there is usually a crush of people in there.

Does any one know what the "select" treatments are and what the discount is for 3-star and 4-star mariners?

I've never seen anything. I've had nothing but bad experiences so I'm nor really interested either. The ladies that work in the spa have bad attitudes and I'm not paying for that. I'm sure others will say that's not true but it has been for me.

I don't recall ever hearing about that perq. I wouldn't be very interested, so it could have slipped by me, but I also don't recall reading anything about it on this board, either. I would expect I would recall that.

There is a benefit of one visit to the therapy suite for 5* Mariners. That one I do enjoy.

I don't recall ever hearing about that perq. I wouldn't be very interested, so it could have slipped by me, but I also don't recall reading anything about it on this board, either. I would expect I would recall that.

There is a benefit of one visit to the therapy suite for 5* Mariners. That one I do enjoy.

Ruth, it is listed on the Hal website as a bennie for 4 stars.

Edited by cruz chic

I don't think that this had anything to do with being a 4 Star Mariner, but I did receive discounts when I booked multiple spa treatments on our January cruise on the Zaandam. When I booked 3 treatments, I received 10% off the first, 20% off the second and 30% off the third. I was able to book the treatments with the least expensive (a pedicure) being first and the most expensive (an 80 minute massage) being last thereby receiving the greatest discount. I did book a fourth treatment (it was a 21 day cruise!!) and received an additional 20% off.

Yes, you will be asked about buying products at the end of the treatment. I did buy some of the products, because I liked them, and passed on others. I was always treated with respect and was greeted by name when the treatment provider saw me elsewhere on the ship. The pricing in the spa is somewhat less than what you will find at 5 star resorts and somewhat more than what you will pay at home. It's a vacation - time to splurge if going to the spa is your thing.

See, even we old-timers here can learn something new! :D Guess I really haven't been interested!

But I was right on that 5* perq of using the therapy suite. Even the spa crew didn't know what I was talking about when I went in for it the first time. It was that new.

Actually, it applies -- theoretically at least! -- to 3-star, 4-star, and 5-star Mariners. Here's a link to the source: https://www.hollandamerica.com/myAccount/MarinerBenefits.action

Next cruise, I'll be a little more persistent and ask until I get an answer. :)

I don't think that this had anything to do with being a 4 Star Mariner, but I did receive discounts when I booked multiple spa treatments on our January cruise on the Zaandam. When I booked 3 treatments, I received 10% off the first, 20% off the second and 30% off the third. I was able to book the treatments with the least expensive (a pedicure) being first and the most expensive (an 80 minute massage) being last thereby receiving the greatest discount. I did book a fourth treatment (it was a 21 day cruise!!) and received an additional 20% off.

Yes, you will be asked about buying products at the end of the treatment. I did buy some of the products, because I liked them, and passed on others. I was always treated with respect and was greeted by name when the treatment provider saw me elsewhere on the ship. The pricing in the spa is somewhat less than what you will find at 5 star resorts and somewhat more than what you will pay at home. It's a vacation - time to splurge if going to the spa is your thing.

I mentioned this in the thread I started (and Momatibm reposted) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2007317

If you are on a B2B - the 3 treatments can be split over the two portions.

Actually, it applies -- theoretically at least! -- to 3-star, 4-star, and 5-star Mariners. Here's a link to the source: https://www.hollandamerica.com/myAccount/MarinerBenefits.action

Wow... Had I only known.... I do know... HAL - watch out! :D

BTW - The basic spa and salon menus are now on HALfacts . com

I just looked at the 4 star so thx for the info. I bet the treatment that they discount is something that is stupid expensive or something that is less desirable.

Does anyone know...if you book a spa treatment pre-cruise and there ends up being a promotion on the day that you go to the spa...will you get the promotion price? Specifically, we are boarding the Rotterdam in Athens on one leg of a longer journey. Typically there are spa promotions on a port day. I'd like to pre-book my treatment on that day to ensure I get a time slot, but wonder if I'd get a better price just by showing up and hoping there is availability.

I've never seen anyone have an issue getting an appointment. Perhaps if you want a specific time on that day - it might be a good idea to book ahead. But generally, port days have specials because so few people want to book (they're off doing whatever on-shore).

I posted some of the port day specials on my original thread. Check 'em out.

I've never seen anyone have an issue getting an appointment. Perhaps if you want a specific time on that day - it might be a good idea to book ahead. But generally, port days have specials because so few people want to book (they're off doing whatever on-shore).

I posted some of the port day specials on my original thread. Check 'em out.

Thank you! As usual, I am over-thinking the issue. I have to remind myself...I am on vacation, I am on vacation. :D

Thank you! As usual, I am over-thinking the issue. I have to remind myself...I am on vacation, I am on vacation. :D

yes - YOU ARE ON VACATION!! :D

Back to your original question tho - yes I do believe you could get the special rate... probably in effect by cancelling your original reservation and booking the special instead.