Price Decreases

Reva_Dearchi

Different ship, but I had one price drop in November, and that's it. I still check the fare viewer everyday, but nothing in my category for the past couple weeks. Maybe because this winter was so horrible, more people decided they needed a nice vacation to someplace warm.

Same here! We sail at the end of June and no price drops so far. There are different deals here and there, but the total price ends up the same.

Thanks to all the bad press last year our cruise ran us about half the original price by the time we sailed, it was crazy. Lots of cabins still available so I'll keep an eye on it, but so far they're not budging.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

How do u get it cheaper if u booked at another price

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depending on the rate code you booked, you can get price drops until final payment date.

If you booked Early Saver, you can get price drops until 2 business days before sail date.

Are you kidding???

Not everyone knows about checking for price drops. Besides there are some websites that you can set notifications for drops. And I've seen it reported on here by others that pvps/TAs sometimes will notify you. Nothing wrong with the question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I booked my October cruise on the Dream not quite a month ago. There's been increases, but no decrease. Last year there were TONS of drops. I didn't know if this was the norm or if the decreases were due to the Triumph fiasco.

Edited by cruising_diva

I booked a cruise for next March right after it went from $369 to $354 and it hasn't budged yet.

If you see the price drop you can either call Carnival or fill out a form to get a price adjustment.

Here's the link.

http://www.carnival.com/bonvoyage/requestforms/lowest-price-guarantee.aspx

Unless you book with a TA. Then the TA has to do that for you and there may be a charge for that, depending on your TA.

I have been watching several Carnival cruises since December and none of them have gone down in price. We decided to book Princess this year since it is a lot less expensive than Carnival for the same itineraries almost.

Carnival really isn't the cheapest all of the time like some think. Have found it really pays to do your homework and shop around. Now if Carnival were to greatly reduce their cruises for the same itineraries I would probably cancel Princess and go with Carnival but it does not look like that is going to happen. Glad to see it since I fell in love with Princess last time we sailed her.

Same here! We sail at the end of June and no price drops so far. There are different deals here and there, but the total price ends up the same.

Thanks to all the bad press last year our cruise ran us about half the original price by the time we sailed, it was crazy. Lots of cabins still available so I'll keep an eye on it, but so far they're not budging.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Are price drops based on the base fare or the final total per person price? I always thought it was the base fare, not including taxes, etc.

Are price drops based on the base fare or the final total per person price? I always thought it was the base fare, not including taxes, etc.

Someone on our roll call saw a price drop on the base fare, applied for the drop (Early Saver), and it was denied because the $10 drop was eaten up by an increase in taxes or fees, so you really need to check the price at the bottom line.

As for price drops, doesn't it depend when you book? It may just be that you booked when the price was at its lowest. I would be happy knowing that.

Having said that, we booked last March for this April, 2 cabins, 5 people, and have had approx. total $500 price drop before final payment. The prices have not changed since then (for our situation.)

What happens if u pay in full and two wks later it drops?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Most rates are eligible for price drops if they occur and you catch one. Early saver bookings can get price drops up to two days before your sailing date. Most other rates are eligible for price drops up to Carnival's final payment due date only.

It depends on how you booked. If you paid in full and the price drops under early saver, you will get an OBC for the difference. If under most other rates, you can only get the difference if you paid in full before final payment due date. And then it will be credited back to your credit card. And it's based on the price per person minus taxes and port charges.

ETA: Make sure you are looking for drops under the exact category you booked. If there are no cabins available in that category, you won't be able to price match.

Edited by cruizinisthebest