Royals Prices?

Is it just me but the prices of cruises out of OZ gone up especially on the Radiance ,just looking at a couple one is 9 nights south pacific in January, standard balcony = $7340.00 per couple which equal's to $815.00 per night?

Then a 12 night south pacific once again on Radiance for a Oceanview state room on deck 4 in December =$10051.00 per couple that equals to $837.00 per night?

I do realise this is peak holiday period but this just seems a bit over the top but Celebrity can be nearly half those prices and they are all one company so I will probably be sticking to Celebrity

Prices have gone up because of the sale thats on at the moment

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Yep, it's rediculous now with RC.com.au. No one is gonna pay these prices...why the heck would anyone book now!

Looked to book Top End cruise again on Radiance but the price for same cabin as last year is almost twice the price. Ended up booking Diamond Princess, 3 days longer and when we booked it was $2000 cheaper each than Radiance and also in a balcony. The savings will easily extend our holiday and cover airfares, hotel and sightseeing in Singapore.

Looked to book Top End cruise again on Radiance but the price for same cabin as last year is almost twice the price. Ended up booking Diamond Princess, 3 days longer and when we booked it was $2000 cheaper each than Radiance and also in a balcony. The savings will easily extend our holiday and cover airfares, hotel and sightseeing in Singapore.

WOW! Well done. It seems it's all about timing when booking RC.

When do you sale? Would love to hear how it goes for you as we've only been on RC and due to prices (and some date challenges we have) are thinking of trying the Diamond Princess and also the Celebrity Solstice.

Edited by Hazydavo

Sailing from Singapore end of Oct.'14. We booked when there was a special deal with Princess of $100 deposit and we got a small past passenger discount. We did Top End on Radiance last year and year before as we really enjoy this cruise but it just seemed a little pricey this time. We are thinking of Solstice, Auckland to Fremantle early 2015 also at a very good price. Solstice is very nice. Usually in March RCI prices tend to drop (not sale or special offer deals) as last year we got a very good price drop but this year, so far not happening. Maybe the cruises are selling very well. Usually you get some good prices towards the end of the year for late Nov early Dec cruises. Just keep an eye out on some of the internet agencies as well as the cruise lines.

WOW! Well done. It seems it's all about timing when booking RC.

When do you sale? Would love to hear how it goes for you as we've only been on RC and due to prices (and some date challenges we have) are thinking of trying the Diamond Princess and also the Celebrity Solstice.

That's what I mean about Celebrity we just got off the solstice on a 17 night top end cruise cost us $4660.00 for two people in a C3 balcony cabin , that's why I am finding royals prices absurd ?

Prices have gone up because of the sale thats on at the moment

Hi folks,

Was just looking at the sale ad in the Sunday paper - this is the "Royal Flush" one on for a week - I know they've had a few :). We went on the Radiance to South Pacific last Dec - had a great time and paid about $1800 each for a balcony suite. Didn't get it at sale time - was our first cruise and had to talk my husband into it - now he wants to do another LOL ! Looking at RCL website I see what people mean about fluctuating prices - same cruise this year we'd be paying $2300 each ( at the moment ). Can I ask - do Aussie cruisers prefer to use a TA ( ours wasn't that great, but there are plenty nearby to choose from ) or go direct to RCL website, or use a cruise agency online ? We just want to pay a reasonable price ( unfortunately locked into taking them in school holidays ) and be able to choose our cabin ( not end up with a "cabin category guarantee" - any suggestions ? TIA,

Angela, Sydney Australia.

Hi folks,

Was just looking at the sale ad in the Sunday paper - this is the "Royal Flush" one on for a week - I know they've had a few :). We went on the Radiance to South Pacific last Dec - had a great time and paid about $1800 each for a balcony suite. Didn't get it at sale time - was our first cruise and had to talk my husband into it - now he wants to do another LOL ! Looking at RCL website I see what people mean about fluctuating prices - same cruise this year we'd be paying $2300 each ( at the moment ). Can I ask - do Aussie cruisers prefer to use a TA ( ours wasn't that great, but there are plenty nearby to choose from ) or go direct to RCL website, or use a cruise agency online ? We just want to pay a reasonable price ( unfortunately locked into taking them in school holidays ) and be able to choose our cabin ( not end up with a "cabin category guarantee" - any suggestions ? TIA,

Hi there, we were on the same cruise perhaps? Ours sailed on the 10th of Dec. Yeah, the prices this year are nuts! Against what we paid last year it's gone up $1000 per person!!!

The last cruise we booked through RC, the time before that a TA from the US (great exchange rate back then) and the time before than through an Aussie online TA. Fairly similar experience with all 3 and could choose our preferred cabins too. Reckon you just check them all out and the one that gives you the best deal is who you go with.

Edited by Hazydavo

Hi there, we were on the same cruise perhaps? Ours sailed on the 10th of Dec. Yeah, the prices this year are nuts! Against what we paid last year it's gone up $1000 per person!!!

That's the one ! Great, wasn't it ? We thought of going on the one leaving 7th Dec this year which also goes to Champagne Bay on Rhapsody I think - but the prices ! Couldn't justify it... See you went up the Qld coast on a cruise - was that good ? Hubby isn't too adventurous ( yet LOL ) so we're staying close to home for the moment...will try emailing a few agencies for a quote and do the price/service comparison you suggested - thanks !

For short cruises we sometimes use an online agent as some of these cruises, world cruise legs etc are only available there. Mostly we try to book on board or with a future cruise certificate. Otherwise we use the cruise lines online. Never a problem getting deposit back with online cruise companies and we get to pick our room, dining time, bedding setup, excursions etc. Noticed some Radiance cruises in Jan - Tasmania seems well priced. Voyager also is being refurbished so will be spick and span also.

That's the one ! Great, wasn't it ? We thought of going on the one leaving 7th Dec this year which also goes to Champagne Bay on Rhapsody I think - but the prices ! Couldn't justify it... See you went up the Qld coast on a cruise - was that good ? Hubby isn't too adventurous ( yet LOL ) so we're staying close to home for the moment...will try emailing a few agencies for a quote and do the price/service comparison you suggested - thanks !

Cool, yeah. Great cruise, although we learnt some things about some of the islands eg. Vila - don't just make your own way into town...

Yeah, can't justify it either. It'd be $4K more for us! Yes, Champagne bay sounds great!

The Nth QLD cruise was great, loved it.

Only issue we had was that the ship docked at the mouth of the Brisbane river a long way out from Brisbane city (and anything else for that matter). However, it didn't bother us actually, enjoyed a lovely relaxing day on the ship.

Other than that we enjoyed that cruise alot.

All of our cruises on RC have been great :)

But sad to say, if the prices don't improve we'll be looking at others as mentioned.

I personally prefer to book online because I like being in control of my booking although sometimes you get certain perks from travel agents. Best thing is do your research before going to a travel agent and see what price and perks they give. Ive heard of some agent giving onboard credit. Best time to book a RCCL cruise is when dates are released or if your game last minute.

i just received an email from an online TA with some prices for RC and they do seem high and if you have to pay the gratuities its going to cost more and its a one week special too

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Departure Interior Oceanview Balcony South Pacific 9 nights 11-Oct-14 $1479* $1896* $1896*

Australia's Top End 16 nights 20-Oct-14 $2827* $4317* $4317* Australia & New Zealand 7 nights 5-Nov-14 $1989* $3805* $3805*

South Pacific 12 nights 23-Dec-14 $3919* $4339* $4959* South Pacific 9 nights 4-Jan-15 $2039* $3396* $3396*

Tasmania 7 nights 13-Jan-15 $1319* $1269* $1269*

New Zealand 14 nights 12-Feb-15 $2019* $3,889 $3959*

Sydney to Honolulu 18 nights 19-Apr-15 $3094* $3494

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Departure Interior Oceanview Balcony South Pacific 7 nights 21-Oct-14 $919* $919* $1489*

South Pacific 10 nights 15-Nov-14 $1685* $1685* $2759* South Pacific 10 nights 7-Dec-14 $1215* $1215* $2349*

South Pacific 9 nights 8-Jan-15 $1696* $1696* $2,819

South Pacific 10 nights 12-Jan-15 $1885* $2385* $2385*

South Pacific 8 nights 28-Feb-15 $908* $908* $1988*

South Pacific 8 nights 29-Mar-15 $1048* $1048* $2188*

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Departure Interior Oceanview Balcony New Zealand 11 nights 9-Dec-14 $1554* $1974* $2344*

South Pacific & Fiji 14 nights 29-Dec-14 $3079* $4239* $4239

Edited by rkmw

i just received an email from an online TA with some prices for RC and they do seem high and if you have to pay the gratuities its going to cost more and its a one week special too

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Departure Interior Oceanview Balcony South Pacific 9 nights 11-Oct-14 $1479* $1896* $1896*

Australia's Top End 16 nights 20-Oct-14 $2827* $4317* $4317* Australia & New Zealand 7 nights 5-Nov-14 $1989* $3805* $3805*

South Pacific 12 nights 23-Dec-14 $3919* $4339* $4959* South Pacific 9 nights 4-Jan-15 $2039* $3396* $3396*

Tasmania 7 nights 13-Jan-15 $1319* $1269* $1269*

New Zealand 14 nights 12-Feb-15 $2019* $3,889 $3959*

Sydney to Honolulu 18 nights 19-Apr-15 $3094* $3494

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Departure Interior Oceanview Balcony South Pacific 7 nights 21-Oct-14 $919* $919* $1489*

South Pacific 10 nights 15-Nov-14 $1685* $1685* $2759* South Pacific 10 nights 7-Dec-14 $1215* $1215* $2349*

South Pacific 9 nights 8-Jan-15 $1696* $1696* $2,819

South Pacific 10 nights 12-Jan-15 $1885* $2385* $2385*

South Pacific 8 nights 28-Feb-15 $908* $908* $1988*

South Pacific 8 nights 29-Mar-15 $1048* $1048* $2188*

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Departure Interior Oceanview Balcony New Zealand 11 nights 9-Dec-14 $1554* $1974* $2344*

South Pacific & Fiji 14 nights 29-Dec-14 $3079* $4239* $4239

I had a look this morning.

The Radiance 23 of December must be a joke........a balcony would have cost almost 10k.

The 7 night to Tasmania in January though isn't bad. Balconies are cheaper than internals.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

The Tassie cruise looked very cheap compared to most of the others - but its not my ideal cruise - prefer warmer places and beaches :) Would be disappointed to book that only to find cabins on South Pacific cruises for example dropped in a month's time.....

The Tassie cruise looked very cheap compared to most of the others - but its not my ideal cruise - prefer warmer places and beaches :) Would be disappointed to book that only to find cabins on South Pacific cruises for example dropped in a month's time.....

The Tassie one isn't cheap really...got the Sth Pac 10 nights last dec for less. It just looks cheaper against all the rest right now.

I know! Can't believe the cruise on the 23rd. They can't be serious. I know it's a Xmas/NY cruise and you'd expect to pay a bit extra but $5K pp??

Edited by Hazydavo

I had a look this morning.

The Radiance 23 of December must be a joke........a balcony would have cost almost 10k.

The 7 night to Tasmania in January though isn't bad. Balconies are cheaper than internals.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

I think the appeal of the 23rd Dec is you get Christmas and NYE on board in one cruise.

The new bunch of cruises for the 2015/16 season Aus/NZ comes out in the next few weeks. I personally would be waiting a bit to see where the prices go once that happens. We were just saying that too about Radiance pricing last night. It has gone ballistic!

Definitely worth looking around on other cruises and sites. If you don't want to go to the South I would be checking out other cruise lines for sure. It seems though that cruises over the other side of the world are going up in price a lot too from what I have been seeing around other cruise critic threads.

There were some very good prices around the start of the Royal Caribbean sale at New Year, but sale prices fluctuate as the capacity gets filled. I looked at the sales last night for the Royal Flush offer. What a joke! Maybe some people will believe those are good prices? Research and more research is all I can say.

Already booked on Radiance 23rd December, months ago, before any sale.:)

$4637 for Balcony double, and $7055 for Balcony triple. That's with $400 balcony discount.:D

Yes, they inflate the price for sales.:mad:

Already booked on Radiance 23rd December, months ago, before any sale.:)

$4637 for Balcony double, and $7055 for Balcony triple. That's with $400 balcony discount.:D

Yes, they inflate the price for sales.:mad:

NICE! Well done :cool:

I suppose that's about what you'd expect to pay for a Xmas/NY cruise...