Norwegian Pearl Review-unbelievable.

gb58

I find it amazing as to what some people are allowed to get away with in the Review section of this board. Dumping of raw sewage & food waste directly overboard?? Really??!!

Never take a cruise on deal - Worst vacation ever

pixel.gif It was supposed to be the honeymoon we never got and finally on our 15th wedding anniversary we got a deal from NCL claiming The Pearl (a step up from our last cruise on The Spirit which we loved) so we jumped at the opportunity.

We booked 3 months in advance and were so excited we made sure everything was done; webought the Ultimate Beverage Package and booked 3 shore excursions.

We even brought enough cash to back our room purchases as to not fall into NCL 's double billing practices on ship. When we gave our money to guest services we were told to put down less than what the information said given to us by NCL. Guess what somehow we fell into the trap and our account including the UBP cards. With a lack of 24hr locations to eat or get a complimentary drink were impossible til my husband spoke to the financial officer which caused us to miss our shore excursion for that day.

With no place to sit at the pool (half of the deck was closed down and only one walkway was set up for 2, 400 people by the way not condusive to a person who uses a cane/crutches to walk) and no interesting activities scheduled we ended up in the room with very limited room service and 2 tv channels with the same movies over and over.

Good thing we had a balcony too bad it was on the back of the boat we kept getting choked out by the over tasked smoke stacks above our room and the smell of raw sewage when the boat dumped it with Magnesium in the ocean it would turn bright blue in the wee hours of the morning. That was just in the first 3 days on board The Pearl. Nevermind the feeding frenzy caused by dumping all unused food & perishables from that day before they drove them off with the sewage & Magnesium dumping. I found the green message in the NCL lectures quite arrogant.

Jamaica was the best part of the whole trip we should have spent more time thier than in the Caymans getting the boat fixed, I am not sure what they were fixing but while at the pool I saw a bunch of engineers & mechanics with tool bags & white jumpsuits moving around rather quickly & measuring all kinds of things on floors 13 and above.

When I did get a chance to go out & eat (because the ride was rough I was getting thrown around so bad my legs & arms were bruised so bad I couldn't wear any of my vacation bathing suits. My husband aslo disabled was bruised up from being thrown around or trying to catch me so I didn't fall down) the food was so subpar to what was to be expected by this fabulous boat. It tasted like cafeteria food. The tuna sandwich from room service was better and I didn't have to worry about what fellow cruiser might knock me or my husband over next. People were so rude and self absorbed I dont think ill b cruising any time soon.

We expected so much more from our previous NCL experience on The Spirit supposedly lower class of boat its no wonder I couldn't find a good place to get our picture taken.

pixel.gifredcarat.gif Publication Date: 01/22/14

That may be the most ludicrous thing I ever read. But I enjoyed some of the details, like having been "thrown around so much" by the rough waters that she couldn't wear her bathing suits!

And geez, if the ships really DID dump all the sewage every night, that would certainly cut down on the complaints about the smell of sewage when the tanks got too full, huh?

LOL

Richard/Tralfie

It is April 1 already? April Fools?

I know some people have a bad cruise, but this must be a joke. It can not be real. Yea, NCL can screw some things. But, come on.

Really.

How do we flag this post?

OMG!! When I read the OP post I thought that it was snippets of several different reviews..it is the ACTUAL review word -for word!!!

It makes no sense!!!

It is as thought the reviewer is STILL under the UBP plan influence.

oy!!!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=248412

Edited by DrNora
link to review...

NCL has double billing practices on their ships? Guess I've missed this - can someone clue me in about this?

You missed your excursion because you were talking to the financial officer? Really?

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

:) thanks for posting this, made me smile this morning. Not a great advert for the UBP, had the package apparently and they were still looking for a "complimentary drink" Wow no wonder they had difficulty walking around the ship.

NCL has double billing practices on their ships? Guess I've missed this - can someone clue me in about this?

You missed your excursion because you were talking to the financial officer? Really?

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

I think double billing is when you see two bar tabs.... a side effect of the UBP:eek:. Cue Foreigner....:cool:

Quote from OP: People were so rude and self absorbed I dont think ill b cruising any time soon.

But you have three more booked??? :confused:

OP was quoting a review from Jan 22, 2014 on the review board. He just forgot to put quotation marks.

• 2 weeks later...