Death on the Magic?

Runaway Parent

Wait. Deaths are a common occurrence on cruise ships?? I know it's bound to happen occasionally, because death happens everywhere, but just how "common" is it? yikes.

How many of you have been on a cruise where someone passed away? I don't think I ever have... and rumors travel fast, so I think I would have known. We always get wind of accidents/emergencies somehow.

So far I've been on 4 cruises that people have died and 3 where someone was helicoptered off the ship.

KRAMER:The Andrea Doria collided with the Stockholm in dense fog 21 miles off the coast of Nantucket.

GEORGE: How do you know?

KRAMER: it's in my book - "Astonishing Tales of the Sea" 51 people died.

GEORGE: 51 people?! That's it?! I thought it was, like, a thousand!

KRAMER: There were 1,650 survivors.

GEORGE: That's no tragedy! How many people do you lose on a normal cruse? 30? 40?!

I have told my family that when I go I expect everyone to take a family cruise to the Caribbean, dump my ashed the first morning, then party the rest of the trip!

As long as it's not from an adjoining balcony to mine.

The second hand smoke I can handle but ashes...... :D

I have told my family that when I go I expect everyone to take a family cruise to the Caribbean, dump my ashed the first morning, then party the rest of the trip!

I want the same except I want them to order a really good drink....pour my ashes in the drink, stir me up and dump me overboard...my last drink on my last cruise! I actually wouldn't mind being left in the glass in a corner on the balcony, but afraid the room steward would find me and dump me with the garbage! :confused: