Upgrade or lower price?

wyobean

We purchased a VE category and received an upgrade to a Neptune Suite. Then I saw the price had gone down by $400pp for the VE. When I requested that lower price I lost the Neptune suite. We have cruised a couple times, but never with HAL and I am not familiar with the ins and outs. This is a cruise/tour and we are only on ship for 4 days, so the $ savings was better for us. Wondering if there will be more upgrades after final payment? Is this typical to take away an upgrade for a lower price? And once final payment is made can you get a lower price if they advertise it on their website?

When I see upgrades like this it tells me the original cabin was overpriced and HAL wants to compensate the guest by a big upgrade. I think you made the right decision with sticking with the lower price particularly for only 4 days.

Thanks for the info. The Neptune suite sounds wonderful and has some benefits, but I didn't think $800 worth. If the cruise part was longer, maybe. What is the key to getting the inboard credit if the price goes down? Or is it up to your PCC?