Favorite food

eheif

I avoid the Beef Wellington. I love beef, but think done that way ruins a perfectly good piece of beef.

I also avoid escargot - my wife loves them.

Princess' Fench Onion Soup is very good.

I am also a fettucini alfredo fan - it is soooooo good. Lobster is pretty good too. I love the breakfasts in the dining room.:) Salmon is delish - I think the only dinner I was not too fussy about was the chicken - chicken is chicken. There wasn't anything wrong with it - just plain ol chicken:D

All the desserts were very good - yummmmm.

Actually everything is great (well except for the coffee) :eek: and if you don't like something you order, they will take it away and give you something else.:)

So then escargot is available on Princess? Never been on Princess before but I am considering it!

Laura

If memory serves (and it usually doesn't), they serve escargot as an appetizer on "Continental Night" (formerly known as "French Night"). That's also when they serve the frog legs (an entree).

Princess' mashed taters - without a doubt that best. On the Star Princess 7/4, a former Head Waiter (on the Pacific Princess) recognized me and remembered that I liked them and no matter what table we sat at (personal choice), they arrived

Crab, if still served, and English mixed grill! Kippers [if they have 'em], and anything else not served at home. To quote another 'gourmet', 'So much food, and so little time.' Very sad when you think about it. john

I love the fetticini alfredo, lobster, shrimp diablo,pineapple creme brulee and the crossaints with chocolate inside that are served in the Horizon Court on some mornings are my absolute favorite! I am still trying to lose the 2 lbs. I gained on my last cruise 2 months ago!

I love the Alfredo, also. The risotto is very good, too - yum!!

I'm not usually a big ice cream fan, but I do love the unusual flavors they come up with and I usually have it 2 or 3 times during the trip.

I also enjoy several of the soups and salads. And I really enjoy the mid-afternoon sandwich bar. Not only is it a good change of pace from the heavier foods, but it also prevents hunger between the early afternoon snack (pizza) and dinner.

My Princess favorites:

Eggs Benedict

Eggs Florentine

Mahi Mahi

Rack of Lamb

Rack of Pork

Veal Chop

Scallops

Beef Wellington (sans pastry) with Lobster Tail

French Onion Soup

Duck Appetizer

Birthday Dessert

International Cheese Selection

Cuvaison Chardonnay

Kenwood Jack London Cabernet Sauvignon

Bon Appetit!

Chris

I found the steak served in the dining rooms (vs. the specialty steak house or steak in other specialty restaurants which I have not yet tried) to be truly mediocre but the rack of lamb I had on the Princess Grand was among the best entrees I have ever eaten anywhere - it was really fantastic.

Archived