Breakaway recommend a mid ship balcony?

sinned19

We are considering booking a mid ship balcony on the Breakaway and welcome your help in finding a good one. We don`t want to be under or over public areas due to noise .Any ideas or recommendations are appreciated, thanks.

We always book mid-ship too. On the Breakaway we were on 10th floor. On the Jewel we were on 9th floor. It was quiet enough, and we didn't share those floors with any public venues. They were cabins only.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Consider deck 8 by the doors to The Waterfront, thats a great location for getting around. Keep in mind that there are only 2 banks of elevators and no place to cross over to the other side of the ship except at the elevators. I love the Waterfront and you can walk from one side of the ship to the other. I have stayed a few decks up from Fat Cats which is noisy and also above Ocean Blue, no noise at all. I would say the bar areas are noisy but not the restaurant.

When I sailed last summer, I was in 10284. This is a regular balcony room, technically a BD, but right next to the midship balcony cabins, so it's the same area. You get a midship balcony for a little bit cheaper price. It's right by the elevators and stairs, which made getting in and out a breeze. Since there are cabins above and below, noise wasn't an issue. We found it to be absolutely ideal. It has the bed by the bathroom, which some here don't like, but we didn't have any problem with it.

Last year we stayed in cabin 12778 which was nice - but the one right next to us (12780 i believe, just check the deck plans) had a bigger balcony due to the nature of the ship design. Don't think there is an added cost to that so definitely check it out. 12780 is on the starboard side, while 12180 is on the port side, which also has the expanded balcony

We personally liked staying on deck 12 so much we booked the same deck for our sailing next week (about 20 cabins over but in the same general area).

I originally thought the proximity to splash academy and the elevators/stairs would be noisy but oddly enough it was just fine. Didn't have any noise issues that bothered us and the fact we were so close to the elevators and stairs was actually quite nice. Saved on the hassle of walking down the narrow hallways.

Edited by nycmode
update

We are considering booking a mid ship balcony on the Breakaway and welcome your help in finding a good one. We don`t want to be under or over public areas due to noise .Any ideas or recommendations are appreciated, thanks.

FYI, midship is not good on the Breakaway & Getaway as the elevator banks are only forward or aft...none mid-ship.

We stayed in a midship on deck 13 in December-- 13766. Just a few steps off the forward elevators, on the starboard side. We also had a splash academy entrance nearby, and agree with the poster above-- no real noise issues ever. Bed was by the window, which we loved. Balcony was the same size as most of the others. Quick jog upstairs to the pool and buffet, and it didn't bother us too much to walk downstairs to the theater, so we only used the elevators when going back up to our room. There is a service door right in front of us which NEVER made any noise.

Wherever you are on the ship, happy sailing! It's a wonderful ship :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruisebear84

• 2 weeks later...
The balconies are so small, try booking an angled balcony if one is available. Go up to deck 13 or 12. Skip 14 -- too much activity above.

Were you in a deck 14 balcony? We are booked on deck 14 currently, and I believe that only deck 13 in the same category is available for our sailing now. I thought deck 14 would be better since it is not near Splash Academy (and kids running in hallways). Are balconys really larger on decks 12/13?

We were in midship 14208, angled balcony on 14 and didn't hear much noise from pool deck at all. Very convenient to Aft Elevators.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Are the angled balconies larger than the rest in that category/deck?