Shore Excursion - Playa Mia

tiwi

Does anyone know if Carnival still offers the Playa Mia excursion in Cozumel? I can't find it in our possbile shore excursion menu. We have the credit to use but can't book until we board.

Thanks!!

We had this booked for the Dream in June. They changed our itinerary and rebooked us on Chanakoob (sp). We did not want to go there so I had to cancel it and will probably do Playa Mia as a third party. I asked on the Coz board if this was safe and OK and several said it was and that they had done several times. Very easy to get taxis to and from.

There are lots of other nice beach clubs that are not as crowded as Playa Mia like Mr. Sanchos, Palancar Beach Club or Nachi Cocom. You can pre-book the all inclusive option for Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom. Palancar is a la carte and Mr. Sanchos also offers an a la carte option. Cabs are plentiful, prices are listed on the board and they all have good food and drinks. Cab fares are for the entire taxi - not per person, so don't get sucked into paying more than you should.

If you go to Playa Mia's site, you can book with them. They must have dropped the cruise ship being able to book it. I know last time I booked with them, it specifically ask if I was coming by cruise ship and then you had to click on which ship. (Then it would take you to that package to book with the ship). It's no longer doing that. I'm sure booking on your own is probably going to save you $$ anyhow. Plus there's a variety of packages to pick from. :)