Heating pad

GrammyKati

We brought one on Coral Princess in January. Just had it in the luggage, nobody said anything. We didn't need it, so I don't know what would happen if the cabin attendant saw it lying around.

One wrinkle to plan for: there isn't anywhere close to the bed to plug it in, so you need to pack a long extension cord.

I don't think its a matter of anyone saying anything.

I don't think Stewart is going to rifle through drawers and belongings to find possibly banned items.

As teapots/coffee makers and such that do not have an auto shut off of some type it would not be allowed. I am not to sure about electric blankets, its actually a good question. Probably something that needs to be asked onboard. They can get pretty hot and if it were to short out could cause big issues.

Also using those with a longer extension cord could cause the cord to heat up too, thats why they make the cords shorter.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I knew I could count on all of you, I will bring an extension cord.

I have taken a heating pad and extension cord on four Princess cruises now. On one trip in 2011, I actually left it in bed one day rather than tucking it into a drawer. We always make our bed right away and I simply forgot to remove it. It just happened to be the day the steward changed the sheets. He changed them out and put the heating pad back in between the sheets where he found it. :o

I have taken a heating pad and extension cord on four Princess cruises now. On one trip in 2011, I actually left it in bed one day rather than tucking it into a drawer. We always make our bed right away and I simply forgot to remove it. It just happened to be the day the steward changed the sheets. He changed them out and put the heating pad back in between the sheets where he found it. :o

Hope it wasn't still turned on. :eek: